Chapter 45

"Love makes no mistakes and
people could either be
a blessing or a lesson.
You decide."
RM DRAKE

◈◈◈

I watched as she stared at it while we had breakfast, if I said she hardly stopped staring at it I wouldnt be exaggerating

It reminded me of when we bought Jojo a new doll or clothing that she really loved. She'd wear it around the house and well when it came to Nicole and her gifts Jojo would be very reluctant to being separated from it as in the case of her cherished monkey. So I simply ate in silence knowing we had an hour or two before we had our flight. She caught me staring and bit her lip to hold back a smile before she continued eating.

I knew I had surprised her, there was no doubt about it or I might have doubted Jon but he pulled through

I knew I had surprised her, there was no doubt about it or I might have doubted Jon but he pulled through. Especially when she had brought it up our first night and I hadn't really paid much attention to it or seemed not to.

There were so many times I could have picked to do it, which was why I hesitated doing it on the beach the first night and even at dinner the next. I recalled her going off in the past about sitting in fancy restaurants with John playing the guessing game, wondering when or if he would change his mind. I hadn't believed he would then and he never did which I guess I should have been grateful for.

I wasn't John Cena and I had no intention of trying to be him despite claims of it with me being held in a high position within the company. So ever since we had begun our relationship a fancy restaurant hadn't even come up and it wasn't us. Yes I loved treating her now and then or even messing with her back when she was dating John by impersonating him, it wasn't a constant thing. All the years we spent our times in the hallways at work, on tour buses, long flights and visting small cafes and gyms. We were simple even though I wouldn't mind treating her like our current vacation but when I woke up earlier and watched her sleeping in my arms I knew how I wanted it to be done.

I had pictured myself reciting an entire declaration for her but seeing her glistening eyes as she looked at me left me at a loss for words. I knew how much she wanted it, I knew even more how much we wanted a future together but I still wasn't prepared for her reaction. It reminded me how much Nicole meant to me and no words could ever be enough and in that moment there were none...