Chapter 42

"Sometimes we love with nothing
more than hope.
Sometimes we cry with
everything except tears."
GREGORY DAVID ROBERTS , SHANTARAM

■■■

July 2007

"Do we really have to come and train here? Like I'm all for improving our skills but we aren't rookies. We've been wrestling independently and..." I trailed off taking in the familiar views of random gym equipment with a ring in the center, each guy manning a different station and a few standing around. It was quite noisy, with the echoing, I mean I was grateful that they had chosen us from the Diva Search but I expected more. Not stuff similar to where we had been going in California...

"Nicole, we are lucky enough they even chose us. We went to one freaking wrestling school and the others haven't gotten back to us. This is where we want to be so if it means dealing with being outnumbered by testosterone then we'll do it."

"Well its better than this one." I mumbled underneath my breath but saw the familiar annoyance fill her face when I knew I was voicing things she was kind enough not to. But let me show up in a bad outfit and she's extremely vocal about it, we were twins but I swear Brie loved acting so sweet. I loved her though, she was my life partner so I had to.

"Vince said its a sort of underground type thing, they don't invest much in this which is weird. But I suppose the less flashy the better, that way when you come up its more of a surprise." She shrugged trying to see the brighter side of things while I saw us being buried in the underground depths.

"Or if you want to plan an improvement and get more TV time we have to show them how resilient we are, they want to stick us here we make the best of it" I sighed with some positivity, hearing the familiar body slamming grow louder.

"Hi you must be the twins, I'm Mark Carrano in charge of the talent around here. You're one, well two of three other women, Eve, Alicia and Rosa which will be making their way here later this week. Mr McMahon is very excited to work with you two and with you bringing a sort of diversity as a pair we might see you on TV sooner than planned" He smiled with a hopeful tone causing me to smile.

"Now we won't be doing anything today besides signing your contracts but be sure to take a look around and get comfortable with your surroundings. Wouldn't hurt to get to know a few people, you'll be seeing them every day and maybe even seeing them on the main roster with you." We nodded firmly before heading to sign our development contracts while I briefly glanced over the guys.

"Do you want to leave and get as much free time as we can or do you want to stay here and get to know more people?" I heard Brie as we left his office and I shrugged hearing orders being given and curiously peeked into one of the rooms.