Chapter 33

"How do you do that?
Act like you don't care,
like you don't feel anything?
Because I can't do that.
I feel. I feel everything"
●Elena Gilbert, The Vampire Diaries●

■■■

"You nervous?" I heard him as he held my hand tightly in his, showing me that he clearly was for me

"No" I mumbled but felt him nuzzle my neck playfully which led to me giggling and shoving him away.

One, because I didn't want to laugh because we both knew how I was a ball of nerves and two, while Joe took it as innocent; nudging his nose in my neck which led to his lips grazing over it. To me it caused my whole body to be heated and reminded me how much I wanted my best friend. I hadn't been with anyone since John, not that I wanted to be with anyone. I chose Joe over John, that's what he said and that's what I guess was true. At the time it wasn't because I saw anything with Joe because at the time I believed Joe was still engaged to Galina.

Even after I was told he wasn't, I still didn't realize it I wasn't sure when I did. Maybe when I started realizing gestures like him nuzzling my neck was playful to us because we were close. But eventually began feeling more to me, more in a way that I was sure would be revealed to him but he was oblivious or if he knew he sure didn't give it away. 

"Its going to be okay. They won't be telling us anything we don't already know." He whispered, slowly tracing over the back of my hand before he stared out of the window.

I would possibly be fighting my final match tonight at Hell in a Cell, I wouldn't be going out without a tough fight regardless of what went down at the hospital. Joe was right though, deep down I knew I shouldn't have been wrestling. I knew it was bad but he didn't know he was the reason I was trying to hold onto as much strength as I had. Each time I saw his smile as I came backstage with the championship, the pride filling the grey eyes of his. The grey contacts made him look fearless, hot, devious, a man on the hunt. I loved his brown ones more though, it showed the kind yet strong man and that way we matched.