Chapter 52

"Some people will make you so full
others will leave you starving.
Choose wisely on who you
feed your energy to"
Mia Poetry

◈◈◈

"I don't know how you even manage being away from him for a single day, let alone a week!" Carmella pouted as it had been over a week since I had seen my husband

Husband!

It still felt unreal to even mention. I was Mrs Joseph Leati Anoa'i, I was a Mrs...

I would probably remind myself every single day because even with two rings in my possessions it was so surreal. Joe hadn't been in contact really as he had back to back appearances since we got back to Cabo. We had enjoyed our weeks off so much that we had almost forgotten there was a reality other than our wedded bliss.

Taking separate flights from Cabo was the worst and not just for the two of us. Our trip had been everyone reuniting after our wedding so it sucked that it was back to the divisions once more. Of course my Joe had tried to keep in touch but I knew it was him losing sleep to do so, so I would just shut it off and text him a command.

It was good getting a couple weeks off, away from the world though and just being surrounded by the people who mattered and who cared about me. Not by the hate or negativity that was forced upon any idea of me being with Joe. Some people thought he was too good for me and others thought I downgraded from John. It was so silly to me how they assumed they knew what had happened. I knew by the look in John's eyes during our confrontation that he had either cheated on me or fallen for April whilst being with me and the ultimatum was his way out no matter how much he would try to deny it.

"You two are adorable" Becky smiled as she was getting her hair done. It made me want to just announce that we were more than adorable but newlyweds. However, with the lives we lived I wanted this one thing to be between us for as long as it could be. I was on wedded bliss and didn't want negative comments or it being brought into my feud.

I saw Brie was facetiming me and excused myself from the women who were getting prepared for Smackdown that had started about half hour before but my eyes widened seeing my husband's face.
"Joe, what are you..."

"Hello to you too, Mrs Anoa'i" he smirked clearly having expected my surprised reaction.

I smiled and just wanted to kiss the screen cause his face looked so perfect even if it was a slight blur due to the signal. My kind brown eyes staring back at me was something I had missed. "You've been declining all my calls"

I pouted due to his sad tone, "I know but I know you had a hectic schedule. Colby told me you were drained and I didn't want you to have to force a conversation when you needed the sleep."