Chapter 23

"If you love someone, you tell them.
Even if you're scared that its not the right thing.
Even if you're scared it'll cause problems.
Even if you're scared that it will
burn your life to the ground.
You say it. You say it loud."
◁Mark Sloan, Grey's Anatomy▷

●●●

"I don't appreciate being a booty call" I heard Nicole's voice as soon as I walked in making me smile despite her remark because just hearing her voice filling my house up reminded me Winston and I weren't on our own, filled my heart with happiness

"I got breakfast" I raised up the donut box since we had been restricting ourselves due to us training together, me to show them I hadn't been lying on the couch for a month and her to be ready whenever they decided to make the call.

"Oh " She giggled and kissed my cheek before we headed out to the pool where Winston seemed content getting lost in his own world with his ball.

"Will you be seeing Jojo before you leave?" She mumbled as she slowly devoured the sugary goodness. She knew Jojo was on vacation with Galina and her family but luckily they would be getting in the weekend.

"Yeah I have been planning a day for us, if you'll still be around" I slowly replied not wanting to start off our day on a downer but I wasn't sure when she would leave.

The last time I simply sensed it, the flight from Vegas on my own was hard enough until I woke up with her snuggled up to me reminding me that she still had the key to my house.

"I'm here aren't I?" She smiled briefly kicking my knee causing me to narrow my eyes but then lean back.

"And if Colby gets time off?" I lazily looked at her, feeling Winston hop onto my lap, making himself comfortable, before sitting down and staring at her expectantly as well.

"That's one or two days. He doesn't come home much even if he has time off, I told you what this was Joe. He won't be calling on me, especially with the draft coming up, he doesn't know where he'll end up and there is a high possibility Renee will be on Team Blue with Bryan there and we all know he is The Authority's favourite. He is getting as much time with her in before everything changes. He wants Renee so why would he come home to see me?" She breath and I wanted to question what would happen if we happened to be separated once she returned.