Chapter 21

"Sometimes you wish people
would just see themselves
the way you do"
●Mark Sloane, Grey's Anatomy●

■■■

4th July 2011

"How did you become more close to someone I work with?" I mused as we were parked outside the airport.

"Because she happens to be more social than you. You never answer that phone unless its us." She giggled and I rolled my eyes.

"They're on the main roster, we text sometimes but we're at different levels. You know how I am, when I'm at work I'm in work mode and then I get home its you and Jojo" I smiled and leaned over briefly kissing her, the woman who had stood by me for the past six years and the beautiful mother of my little girl.

"Its good to keep in touch, you and Jon need to broaden your group. Hopefully Colby is helping with that"

I shrugged, "Colby is in love with some girl that started a week ago on the roster. While Jon and I are all work well sometimes you know Jon, Colby falls in love every week."

"Its cute but you need to get out there. I'm worried about Jon, I love that he is always raiding our fridge after work but he needs someone." She whispered squeezing my hand settled in her lap and I sighed.

"Brie is dating some rockstar, she might be wild like him, partying all the time but she is taken."

"I didn't say Brie did I?" She narrowed her eyes and I rolled my mine.

"Well its probably cause Jon complains about the guy all day whenever he sees some twitter posts. He actually wanted us to drive up to a concert so he could meet him, he's mad cause he thinks Brie is pretending to be crazy cause she's always been sweet with Jon" I shook my head happy I had my woman so I wasn't in the dating game anymore.

"Who knows what the future holds, they could be sweet together" she shrugged.

"They could" I nodded before seeing Nicole walk through the glass doors waving to a few people who called her name and I stepped out.