The Guy

I was seated out in the ring as I had just got some training done in it, trying to get comfortable before my match later on tonight.

I wasn’t sure why but lately I would do this a lot, not the in ring part but have to give myself a whole speech before the show even began because once the backstage began getting busy and the crowds began pouring in.

That’s when The Guy was present.

I was their champion, while not many liked the idea?

Never the less I was their champion and I needed to step up and show them their boos didn’t affect me, that the constant “You cant wrestle chants “ didn’t affect me.

Maybe I would have felt at ease if they were doing it as they just saw me as the kid of Sika who just got a break but it wasn’t that.
Ever since I had won The Royal Rumble, that they had wanted Daniel Bryan to win, the boos rolled in even though they had been rooting for me on the road to it.

I sighed as I stared out at the empty seats filling the arena, knowing that in just a few hours I would hear those sounds.

I could deal with being hated, I knew it came with the job; sometimes the crowds love ya , sometimes they don’t .

But wrestling?

I have been doing this for quite sometime now and before I got here I had been practising my craft and for them to not even see what I did out there, what I put my body through just as much as every other wrestler did, yet I was the disappointment of a champion.

I didn’t steal wins.

I didn’t whine like a fucking baby when things didn’t go my way but yet they still hated me.

I sighed as it was true what they said about it being lonely at the top.

Yeah I had my cousins, I had Dean but when they weren’t there who did I have?

I didn’t have anyone waiting at home for me..

I used to but when I got called up things changed.

I wasn’t fixed in Florida for NXT .

I was constantly travelling and it wasn’t fair to either of us. So we made the decision to take a break for awhile , the break turned permanent when she met someone.

I didn’t hold a grudge.

I mean we knew we were heading for the end. I guess it was just us holding onto something we didn’t want to let go.

We had been together for more than a decade and we were each other's comfort zones, no matter how far we were, but soon we realized we couldn’t hold on to something that was broken.

We would end up hating each other for the lives we could have lived had we not been afraid, so I let her go.

I still love her, we might have started out later in life but she was my first love .

I moved on though, the feelings weren’t the same but with my lifestyle there isn’t really time for romance unless its meaningless flings on the road and that shit ain't for me.

I don’t get how you can just hook up with someone and just leave them when you just shared such an intimate moment.

If Dean were here he would be calling me a bitch but that’s who I was and he was one too now after he found his one, but in a good way.

She brought the side out of him that he didn’t know he had and I guess that’s what I needed.

That’s what I had around her as well I guess.

I had someone who told me I shouldn’t care what people think.

I had someone constantly reassuring me I would never be alone, as long as she was there she would make sure that her words rose above theirs once I got backstage.

I’d look forward to seeing her playfully wrestling with her sister even though I am sure she could cause her pain if she had wanted to but she wouldn’t.

And then her sister would shout my name causing her to break it as she would run into my arms, placing a kiss on my cheek.

Saying I was her fearless future champ making her proud as I stood against the odds, against the haters. And just as I would want to express my gratitude he would slowly come and take his rightful place beside her.

She was my savior, protecting me from letting what they said get to me.

He was her savior who rode in on a white horse before I had even realized how amazing she was when you looked past what they said about the porcelain Barbie doll.

Then my shot came, her savior left her and I was there...

Waiting for my moment to be The Guy for her but then she was gone and I was given a greater push.

But with that push I lost my savior as she had to go and where was The Guy?

He was making his way to the top the way he had always hoped, to be by her side, but when he finally did she was no longer the Fearless Champion as she was broken.

I helped her through that as well but the bigger push came and I no longer had time to repay her for what she gave me, not that she realized what she did .

And as The Roman Empire rose .

Her Army fell.

And as if Karma wanted him to pay the price.

His fearless savior had found her some other shoulder to cry on.

Someone that wasn’t him.

He was The Man.

And they were rebuilding themselves while The Guy was losing himself at the top, forgetting who Roman Reigns was in the beginning.

More importantly , leaving Joe Anoa'i with a loss of ever finding his happiness like Galina had found hers.

She was now re-married and where was he?

Sitting inside the ring he had always wanted,

His ring.

But he knew it wasn’t the same as once he decided to get up and be The Guy?

He would go back there and there would be no Fearless Champion waiting for him as she was with The Man whom she had been with for the past five months.

Having only seen her once since her landing into another person's arms who wasn't him..

The guy she claimed was never alone with her behind him?

He was now.

He could only hang onto her saying those words, words that were just that..

"You'll always have me Joe. You're never alone.. "

"Never Alone.."