Chapter 24

"You know what sucks?
Watching the person that
makes you happy,
be happy with someone else."
●The Carrie Diaries●

■■■

January 2016

"You nervous?" I heard my mom and slowly nodded.

"You know you could just call him. I'm sure he wouldn't hesitate to drop everything and be by your side. If he knew..."

I sighed, "why would I wanna ruin his happy life with Sasha"

"You're acting like a kid!" I heard JJ while Seth chuckled.

Seth and I had been helping each other for the last few months since we were both out injured having to give up our titles. While the world saw me lose it in a match, backstage I had so many arguments because they told me there was no other choice.

"This means I could possibly be headlining Wrestlemania as champion. I mean its far off but just imagine!" I squealed.

I heard him chuckle, "sit still"

I smiled back at him as he gently massaged my neck so I scooted back against him as we sat on the floor in my locker room, me seated between his legs and I pulled his arms off my shoulders, pulling them around me.

Joe's arms always made me feel safe, secure, everything I thought I felt with John. I guess I did but it just wasn't the same, most of the time I felt like I was forcing myself to enjoy John's touch the way I did Joe's because he was engaged and the world saw me head over heels with John.

I thought I was, most of the time wished I was, but I knew that the smile I had when Joe was around wasn't the same as with anyone else but I wasn't sure when or how, maybe when he came up to the roster or maybe last year when we were put into a storyline. I honestly wasn't sure, I just knew that no one could make me happy like Joe could.

I felt him kiss my shoulder, to him it was just a sweet gesture to his best friend, to me it was the worst thing he could have done because it went right through my body and my grip on his arms tightened.

"You don't need to be nervous" he chuckled, "you're going to kick ass. You are the longest reigning Diva's champion and it doesn't matter what happens tonight they can't take that away from you."

I turned and moved onto his right leg, resting my head on his shoulder. "How's your neck?"

"Fine." I simply answered the question that wouldn't stop coming from his mouth or Brie's.

"Fine?"

"I don't feel like a lecture, Joe. I'm fine, it will be fine. All I have is this reign and I know you're going to get your shot soon and I just need to hold out longer for us."