Chapter 57

"May your ego rest in peace,
for I have found what love
truly looks like."
Smily Verma

●●●

"Hey babe" Joe smiled as his face filled the screen which caused me to smile as well even though my nerves were shot knowing that I had to tell him that John and I might be working together.

Nothing had occurred on last week's Smackdown as Nattie and I were involved in a backstage brawl. Which had led to me not bothering to bring it up while Joe and I had spent the couple of days he had off in Vegas.

"Hey, so you're officially feuding with the monster now huh?" I narrowed my eyes as I had told him they would probably enlist him to get Braun over.

People could say what they wanted to say about my husband but the fact was he was The Guy like he claimed to be. He was the man to beat or just feud with to be relevant whether the crowds booed their asses off the fact was they still paid to see him so that they could torture him.

"Yes I am and despite appearances he is a good guy and meanwhile Bray Wyatt is your champion" He smirked as usually I started off our calls admitting how much I missed him but he certainly knew the extent of that thanks to Jon.

"Seems The Wyatt Family is following in The Shield's footsteps of making sure they takeover" I added, not sure where to drift in the conversation as the possible John storyline involvement consumed my mind.

"Indeed. What do they have planned for you tonight? I will probably be on a flight when it airs but I will try to watch"

"No, just get some rest you can catch me when you're home" I shrugged as I hadn't been told anything by creative but I was all too used to surprises. I had experienced it in recent months when I would be given a script of what they would say and be blindsided while out in the ring.

"When I'm home I will be too distracted with you to even think about watching on screen" He chuckled and shyly smiled due to his words. I bit my lip as his cuteness easily erased my concern of the future.

"Yeah you'll be busy wanting to slam me in bed instead of..." I laughed as I couldn't even finish my impure thought as he shyly smiled again and glanced away from the screen. "Did you enjoy the pictures I sent from my photoshoot?"

 "Did you enjoy the pictures I sent from my photoshoot?"