xxxxxii: ultimatum

18+ MATURE CONTENT/TRIGGER WARNING: violence, gore-ish, alluded death

                   Inside the room, it was colder than anyone could have thought. Just slightly above the level of reasonable for any human being not inside a refrigerator. The low temperature was messing with him. His eyes had adjusted to the darkness a long time ago, knowing he could see his own expiration form in a small cloud. Shivering was pointless. It wasted more energy than anything else. To fall asleep was the only thing he could think of, losing his conscious thoughts. His eyes could not adjust anymore, everything was hazy and blurry. The ring of light that outlined the door soon disappeared. His mind drifting into a warmer place ... hallucination or dream? Deep inside, he knew it wasn't real.

"If you had one wish, what would it be?"

"That is a very random and out of the blue question, Sooyoung."

"I know." She was walking in front of him, picking all the nice seashells and leaving him with the scrapes. He didn't mind. He enjoyed the bright smile on her face as he purposely walked slower to observe her. For whatever reason, he wanted to engrave her image in his mind—wishing he would have brought his camera to capture her. "I just want to know. Curious of what your answer would be."

"I wanted to be a renown photographer. That was my dream." He paused, watching for her reaction and if she caught on to him not really answering her question.

"Really?" Sooyoung had stopped, looking back at him as she tilted her head. He nodded, smiling at how cute she was with her actions. "You can still be that you know."

"With hard work, we can be anything." She clicked her tongue at him, making him chuckle as she spun to keep looking for seashells. His smile grew, she had not noticed. "What about you?"

Sooyoung was pouting. He could tell because even from behind, he could see how she puffed up her cheeks. How could she be so cute one second and the next turn to him with such seductive eyes, he would fall on his knees for her. He walked closer behind her, waiting for her to reply. She was taking her time before huffing and slowly peeking to face him. "It already came true."

"Oh?" he teased, seeing how she scowled and looked away from him to the ocean. The sun was going down, casting this beautiful orange hue on her. He made his move, wrapping his arms around her waist as he brought her closer to him, hugging her from behind. "What dream would that be?"