xxxiv: tides are changing

18+ MATURE CONTENT WARNING: talk of sex and slight sexual scene

Hoseok

          He wasn't exactly sure how much he could smile. He just kept smiling and the more he heard the less he wanted to smile. His smile just disappeared when he heard the names of two of the people he always cared for—that were directly involved and would be the most affected.

"Wait, hold on." he lifted his hand and made Jin stop talking. "You're not just some doctor but own all this territory in the underground world? Why am I hearing this? And now?"

Namjoon sighed, patting his shoulder. "We need your help and insight. I know you rapping and dancing on the side has exposed you to things you probably stayed away from and didn't share."

Hoseok grimaced. He did. It was something he would often encounter. When he first started, it was when he was approached more. The older he became the more experienced he was and knew what crowds to avoid, whom he should only smile to and nothing more. He nodded, admitting that yes. He knew about the prostitution ring masquerading as a club. He knew about the drug dealers around their club as well. He knew about the contraband weapons that could be bought.

"Why me though? What about you or Yoongi?"

"Joon is already in there, undercover but has now been revealed to be my brother by the Lee clan and Byun's. Yoongi is currently not available and even if he was, he's infiltrated the Park's." Jin spoke, looking tired.

"Princess's grandfather?" Jin curtly nodded. "Where is he?"

"Hoseok, Yoongi was crossed. Someone crossed him. He's been exposed and you're the only one who is not directly linked to Joy other than working with her and no one really knows that information. It gives you an advantage to be close to her, and not be noticed. You're our only way to keep some sort of upper hand. We're desperate and I know you care for Joy and Taehyung."

"But why me?"

"I thought of Jimin but I can't. I already don't want to drag Tae in, but he has been dragged in even before I knew anything. I want to keep Jimin out of this, if possible."

Hoseok did not like it. He did not like knowing that his friends were in danger and he understood why they did not want to drag Jimin along. Jimin was younger. Jimin was studying a future that could ultimately benefit them all in the end. Kind of like how Namjoon and Yoongi's future benefitted them—until now. He threw his upper body on the table with a pout. The life he was trying to avoid for so long, since moving to Seoul was now coming and knocking on his door by two people he could never say no to.