ix: oh, i see

Sooyoung:

Sooyoung:

           It was a rather slow day, and she was given a much earlier shift that day. It had worked out for her. She was leaning against the counter—bored due to the slowness of the day. The few customers that were there wouldn't even spare her a glance as she pouted and made noises with her mouth. Everything was clean. Nothing had to be made. She was being paid to people watch.

Sooyoung only picked up the early shift because she had to go and do a chemistry lab later with her lab partner Daniel. He didn't have much time earlier. She agreed and traded shifts with another worker—Moonbyul. However, no one told her she would be this bored.

She started to draw circles on the countertop. It had been at least two days since Jin confessed his feelings for her. At first—she didn't really know how to react and thought he was just joking with her. He had been very serious, and she realized that when he talked with Jimin while she and Hoseok worked. He walked her home and again said that he really did like her and maybe he was being too forward, but it was the truth. It was all new to her. She hadn't been confessed to so directly and determined—ever. Her relationship with Sungjae was a slow start and she wasn't sure who initially confessed but by then they had been friends for a good couple of months.

Jungkook's confession seemed like more of a schoolboy crush than anything else. The way Jin said it and looked at her—it felt different. Every night they would spend some time together. Every night she grew to like him as a person more and more. In fact, she loved the attention he gave her. It was a nice change to be treated with kindness and boldness and not being confused. Jin was bold. He would grab her hand when they would walk down the street as he walks her home. Not ashamed of it one bit and teasing her for her red face. If they were seated by each other—he would scoot his chair close and always drape his arm behind her. These were things she was used to Taehyung doing. But unlike with Taehyung when she didn't know what he felt—she knew exactly why Jin did it and something about it made her heart skip a beat.

The moment Taehyung entered her mind, she pouted. He hadn't been to the café for the past three days. The last time she had actually seen him was when she walked out of the restaurant with Jin. Had something she said when they talked, offended him?

From what Jin would say, he seemed to be spending more time with Joohyun. That didn't surprise her. Although, her heart did hurt with a reminder of how things had been when he was dating Jisoo. She had lost her close friend and it was like a repeat all over again. She bit her lip to try to stop the tears from welling up. The more she thought about it—she really only was there to fill a void until he found someone he liked. Now, she didn't need to fill a void and so her friend was gone. It made her sadder knowing, that her birthday was coming up.