xv: irene, again

Sungjae:

          Heavy panting was heard when the steps stopped abruptly. The alley was empty and dark. The stench left over was from the trash and wet concrete. It wasn't the safest of places, but it was a place to hide. He never wanted to get involved. He should have never gotten involved. Initially his father was involved and dragged him into it. Greed was a powerful thing. It could turn a hardworking man into someone that would find the easy way just for extra money.

Some paths should have never been crossed and his father had crossed them. Now he feared for his life but also for the life of the only girl, he had ever truly loved. He fucked that relationship up because he couldn't trust. He couldn't trust because of his father's lies he had found out. It was supposed to end. Part of his leaving wasn't because of what he did and getting expelled from school, but to keep him and his mother safe. When he received the letter from his father, he thought it was okay to come. It wasn't.

His father was missing, the company CEO was gone, and nothing was okay. Park had gotten to his father and now he was using him to find out information he did not have. Park was powerful and scary. There was no way anyone could know of Joy. No one was supposed to know about Joy. It was in their youth and she didn't love him anymore, if she ever did. She loved that damn Kim Taehyung that had been lying to her all those years. He had thought he was the one bad for her, but it had been Taehyung all along. At least, thanks to the man who kidnapped him away from Park's men—he was able to know whom Joy needed to stay away from.

The Kim's had always been an eyesore in his and his father's life. It was now that he realized why they had been such an eyesore. The Kim's who owned one of the biggest law firms in Daegu and Busan. Big enough, most politicians from Seoul would travel down to meet with them and ask for help. He was just surprised that was all a farce and that they were no better than his greedy father—who had once been part of the company that competed against the Kim's. That was until just recently. The company had gone bankrupt with his father missing. Gone and missing, probably with the same fate that would meet him, soon.

He should have stayed away. He just wanted to see she was safe once he found out shit hit the fan and anyone from his past could be used against him. She was safe but now they were monitoring her, on her whereabouts and her father. As far as he knew. It was only a matter of time, before they would be traced back to Park. When he found out, he didn't know how to react. Why was she in such a predicament when all she ever did was bring light into people's life? She deserved happiness.

She was going to be used as a scapegoat. Park would find out his estranged son had come back from the dead and was working under his nose the whole time. Moreover, he would find out his granddaughter was only an arm's length away. Yet, something felt incomplete. Something was missing.