xiii: puppy love

Yerim:

Yerim:

          It didn't matter how many times she blinked rapidly. Jungkook was doing exactly what she thought he was doing. He was peacocking and she could see it from her safely hidden spot—behind the double doors of the science building. The secondhand embarrassment was too much. What surprised her was actually seeing how Joy was eating it up like nothing. 

She had given Jungkook advice in doing things that she liked but. . . did he have to be so flamboyant about it? Yerim shook her head. He was a hopeless case in love—but it also was rather endearing seeing him try to find things in common with Joy. He was currently talking to Joy in the courtyard; in his hands was a book of Sherlock Holmes. Yerim hadn't only agreed to stay with Seulgi and Joy because she needed more female friends but because she wanted to come up with more information for Jungkook on how to woo the girl he liked. He was behind. Yerim could tell that Joy did genuinely like Jin and when she found out Joy likes Taehyung; she could also see that. 

Right now, she would have been fooled. Joy was a sucker for Sherlock Holmes and Hercule Poirot stories. It's what made her want to go into forensics in the first place. She also was a sucker for Marvel films. 

However, Jungkook . . . oh Jungkook. He dressed up like Holmes and she was ready to pull his ear and make him come back inside—change him out of his clothes. Why was her lab partner and friend, such an idiot? She wished him luck. Genuine luck in wooing the girl.

"Yeri!" she spun around and smiled at seeing Taeyong coming towards her. She had been crushing on him from the moment he approached her and called her cute. "Are you free this afternoon?" 

Her smile faltered. No, she wasn't. She was meeting with Jungkook who was having a harder time grasping the concepts of the new chemistry unit. But she did him a favor so he could do her one too. This time—she was determined to have a date with Taeyong and for it to not fall through. She forgave him because he had a family emergency. Or so he had said.

"I should have time. Why?" 

Taeyong stepped closer to her, cupping her already blushing cheek. "I want to spend time with you, beautiful. Make up for our failed date. Also, I'm a bit jealous of you and your chemistry partner." 

"He likes someone else. There's nothing to be jealous of." 

"Well, he's an idiot to not see someone like you and not fall for you. I'll text you. Can't wait to see you."