xiv: birthday (1)

STRONG LANGUAGE USED WARNING

Taehyung:

           He was about to smack the person who decided to ring his doorbell at three in the morning. Taehyung had fallen asleep about four hours ago, exhausted. He stayed way too long behind and helping Irene edit. She did buy him dinner and then talked about her family life a little bit. She still kept a lot of it hidden to herself. What surprised him was hearing that Irene had actually seen and talked to Joy briefly the day before. When she told him why, he was not too happy and was ready to go murder Jennie Kim the next time he saw her.

Jennie had asked Irene previously to model—before she asked him. Somehow, she twisted his words and approached Irene again saying he would only do it if Joy said it was okay for him and if she had no issues with them modeling together. He knew for a fact; Joy would see no problem. After all, she thought he liked Irene. He was disappointed they had not spoken about anything else since it turned out Joy was with Jungkook, who was walking her to work.

Groggy and wanting to just sleep—he opened the door so the person could stop the damn ringing. Annoyed he looked at the man in front of him, looking haggard and like he ran miles to get to his place—was Yook Sungjae. 

Taehyung scoffed at the gall of Sungjae coming to him. In the middle of the night, no less. Sungjae didn't wait to be let in but pushed past him. He was holding something, and Taehyung was about to ask him what he was holding but Sungjae dropped it on his coffee table. It was a gun. It made Taehyung shut the door and walked up to the man, holding him by the collar.

"What the fuck Sungjae?"

"Where's Joy?"

"I should be asking you why you are here and with a gun at three in the fucking morning!"

Sungjae pushed him back and pointed a finger. "You, I heard about what happened when I left. You saved her. Why would you save her if you were just using her?"

Taehyung was confused and even more so when Sungjae started to cry, sitting on his couch. He watched the haggard man grip his hair. Something in him told him to get him water—he did and placed it in front of the person he despised the most in the world. Sungjae looked broken and almost a visual representation of how he was feeling with everything around him. And how much easier life would have been if he had only admitted to his feelings sooner.

"I don't know what kind of drug you're on, but you're not making sense." His pity only lasted for a few seconds. His anger from being awoken, took over.