xvii: birthday (2)

Taehyung:

Taehyung:

         Taehyung stopped pacing around and sighed. Yet another night where he would not get a full night sleep. His body was mainly running on caffeine by now. He paused and looked to his couch before sitting on the floor and grasping Joy's sleeping hand in his. He leaned his head on her hand. His day was supposed to go different—he had planned it differently. When he got Jin's first text, he knew that they would talk about Joy and when he texted back to meet—he was prepared. He had known what he was going to say for the past few days. He was going to tell Jin to back off a little because ever since his conversation with Hoseok and Jimin, and even before that, he wasn't sure of how strong his feelings for Joy were, but they were there, and he didn't like the other male being so open about his feelings considering his feelings had always been there. In reality, he did know exactly how strongly he felt for her.

Now, more than ever he had mixed feelings. However, the day did not go how he wanted it to go. He was ready, mentally prepared, until Yoongi called in the morning before his meet up with Jin, telling him he needed him to come to a specific location—disguised so that only he could recognize him. At first, he thought he was in trouble over something he wasn't sure he did. Yoongi allowed him near Joy the previous day. Their time together was awkward, and he hated feeling that rift between them at the beginning, although it seemed to mend, and he had that memory of them engraved in his mind. He was still losing her before he even had her. One thing was certain; he was not prepared for what Yoongi was going to talk to him about.

The first thing that brought attention to Taehyung was the police tape closing off an alleyway. Not far off was Yoongi, in his black suit and tie that Taehyung was getting too used to seeing. Yoongi beckoned him over and he went. Upon reaching him, his friend handed him an envelope. It was empty and it was all pretense because Yoongi could be being watched and Taehyung was pretending to be a messenger boy who wouldn't be followed.

That was when Yoongi told him things went from serious to extreme and even if he hadn't been dumb enough to come across a murder or get tangled up in being the photographer for his "boss" daughter's wedding; Taehyung had to stay away from Joy completely and by all means necessary. They had gotten to Sungjae too late and the information Sungjae had—was leaked. Even if it wasn't true and was false, his name was now in the mix and he was in trouble of his own. Chanyeol had been smug about knowing they both lied to him about their relationship with Joy—once the news broke to him.

Now Yoongi was not just playing one of the bad guys but was also supposed to be locating the certain female named Park Sooyoung. The correct, Park Sooyoung. He wasn't as lucky. The men looking for him weren't Yoongi or Chanyeol, but some other men who were not Park's. Yoongi told him that if it had been Park and his men, he wouldn't be as worried. His name, Kim Taehyung was going around but Yoongi refused to mention why his name was so important and why they needed to find him. All he knew was that there was someone looking for him and someone also looking for Joy and that for some other people—they both came in a package.