x: rivals

Taehyung:

Taehyung:

               It had been four days. Four days in where he felt like a jerk having to stand up and leave with an excuse every time Joy came anywhere remotely close to him at school. Four days since he started to talk to Irene and ran into her when doing his shoot in the city—the same day they formally introduced themselves. Four days since seeing Jin and Joy together, looking happy and closer than he would have expected. Four exact days after having witness Jin confessing, he liked Joy.

"I like you, Sooyoung."

Those words would replay excessively in his head. If Irene had not asked him if something was wrong, he probably would have rushed towards them, pulling Joy away from Jin—and punched his friend. He did not. He only watched as Joy walked ahead of Jin, holding her blushing cheeks and Jin calling after her in a playful manner. Irene added unbeknownst oil to the fire burning inside of him by asking if they were dating after noticing who he was looking at. "They look good together." Those words were also haunting him.

Four bloody days, where not even a text from Joy came his way. It wasn't as if he sent any either. Jimin already noticed his odd behavior, noting he only had "something" to do whenever Joy was around. He laughed it off, saying it was because after spending a few minutes with him, he already knew he wasted too much time.

"Whatever you say Tae. Just know she's also getting suspicious, and a bit peeved you haven't even told her how you have started talking and spending time with Joohyun. No, wait I think you said she goes by Irene."

Taehyung sighed. Didn't Jimin know how hard it was for him to not be able to talk to Joy about it? She would be the person that could decipher hidden messages to him. She was his go to girl for this kind of thing. Even if he texted her, he couldn't because the moment she would reply he would want to see her in person. So, he was refraining from texting and waiting for her.

"It's okay though. She's been busy spending time with Jin almost every day. Either before or after her shift at the café. Jungkook has been complaining. I figured that they would get along, but I didn't think they would get close this fast." Jimin sat pondering.

What Jimin didn't know was that Taehyung was perfectly aware of the fact that Joy had been spending time with Jin. Four, miserably days, he saw them together. By this point, he had seen how Jin would walk her home from work because more often than not he would be watching like a creep from afar. He knew how Jin held her hand and how closely they resembled a couple.

Jin wasn't the only person that was around Joy, these days. With his absence, Jungkook seemed to fill in the void at school. They were also getting closer. He wasn't going to stop it. First, it wasn't in his place to stop two of his friends from getting to know each other. Two, he didn't own Joy and even if he did, he didn't believe in making or stopping someone from talking to another individual. Four godforsaken days without his best friend. Only silver lining was that Jin's week off was almost over. It was finally Saturday. Then he would deal with having seen Jungkook kiss Joy—later. His two friends were making his blood boil and he was too afraid to admit why it annoyed him so much.