xxxi: to me, you're perfect

Sejeong:

             "What are you doing?"

There was no reply. She simply took the axe and threw it at the target—hitting dead center once again. Today was the day. Today was the day of the wedding and of course, she wasn't invited. Apparently neither was Baekhyun who decided to come annoy her as she let out her frustrations. She was mad. She was mad because she was tired of being second best. She was always second best. Never first. Never the first option—the last option. The one who was just there.

Sejeong dropped the other axe she was holding. The tears were streaming down her face and she knew Baekhyun could see her. He stepped up to her, drying her tears with his handkerchief. "You know, you could have told him it wasn't fine."

"And what? Force him to stay with me?" she shook her head and pushed him away. "I don't know why I even fell for him. I wasn't supposed to, but he was charming, and I should have known Jisoo caught his eye. I saw the way he looked at her or would look at her. Seen the way she looked at him. I didn't think she would like him. So, when I allowed her to see him I just—I'm never first."

"I'm going to have to ask, is this about RM or Sehun?" Baekhyun had gone over to the target and taken the axe, smiling as he threw it up and would catch it by the handle once more. He was too casual about the fact that one wrong calculation and he would be holding the blade in his palm.

Sejeong turned around. She didn't want to think about Sehun. She went to him when they were younger, in a moment of despair. The same day she found out she was adopted was the same day she lost her virginity to Sehun. She gave it to him because he called her beautiful and told her how strong she was. She always liked him. Always had been attracted to his stoic-ness and cold demeanor. She broke through that. She would see his gentle smile and she was done for the moment she did. She was in love with Oh Sehun and she should have never fallen for him.

"Does it matter?"

"You know it does, Sejeong. I'm all for your happiness but you know he's changed. His father's death changed him. Out of everyone—he saw everything his whole life. His mother dying in front of him. How would you react? And then his father. You can't fix him. No one can, but it doesn't mean you don't deserve love."

"Who's willing to love me? That Kim Taehyung?" she growled, angry.

"Ha, no. That's the last person you would want to look for love from. Sejeong, maybe they've always been there patiently waiting. Or maybe, they know you would never love anyone like Sehun. I can see you staying with him. In fact, I know why you're mad. It's the wedding. He may find his Sooyoung and Irene has been sold to him. Isn't it great? You're not number one. You're not even number two. That's what you're thinking isn't it?"