xxxxv: trust me

Irene:

          "You and I are no different, you know. We don't belong here. We're both only here to be kept watched of. The only reason you may think I'm different is because I'm in this room, being held prisoner while you can freely roam."

She wasn't even sure why she decided to pay Dohwan a visit. Maybe, it was because she was feeling so suffocated by the presence of both Jungkook and Yeri.

They now lived with them. She was still close to Jisoo, Hwasa, Moonbyul, Wheein, and Solar but it was different now. The house—manor—was louder. It didn't matter that they had so many rooms and space, she could always hear them. Mainly Jungkook whining about something to Namjoon, Hoseok, or Seokjin. Sometimes she would hear Yeri talking loudly about how she still did not find it fair that Seulgi and Jimin were able to go stay with Joy and Taehyung, but they were stuck there, with her.

Their blatant dislike was obvious. What made things worse was when she decided to take solace in the library. Ignoring Seokjin once more for at least the past four days and knowing it hurt him. Especially since he did find her and comfort her, telling her to just trust his ever-growing feelings for her. During their dinners he tried to talk to her, but she avoided looking at him. Jimin's words still rung in her head and they were so truthful. She was simply a rebound. Nothing but a rebound. That was who she was. A mediocre replacement for Joy. Her solace was taken over. Yesterday, she walked in to continue reading the book she had started but in the midst of the shelves of books, in a corner, she spotted Jungkook and Yeri in a heavy make-out session. She stood frozen, seeing how it was almost beyond just kissing. Jungkook's hand was massaging Yeri's breast and Yeri looked to be working on undoing his pants between their panting and moans.

Irene had dropped her book in her shocked state. It made the young, surprisingly horny, couple pull back. She couldn't face them. It was so awkward because it brought back memories of her almost time with Seokjin. It brought back the fact she had never been intimate with anyone like that—and she kind of wanted it. She only had one other place other than the gardens; to see Dohwan in his own personal prisons. Honestly, she had almost forgotten he was still there, and she was only there to deliver his food. She wasn't there to talk to him.

"We are different."

"How? You sold Park Sooyoung out and this new guy took pity on you to save you from Sehun. Meanwhile, I was using them to be free of any debt. Look where I am."

"Trust me, we're nothing alike."