xxxiii: heaven & hell

18+ MATURE CONTENT WARNING: slight sexual reference and strong language (just in case, warning)

Seokjin:

              "How are you feeling?"

He walked into the room, Seungwan stood up right away bowing to him. Yoongi was in a private room that he got personally for him. His identity was to be kept a secret. If anyone asked, all they had to say it was under the name: Kim. That would be enough and if not—no one was allowed in, anyway. Yoongi was finally awake, after three days. 

"Like I've been shot." 

"Well you were, and it took about a six-hour surgery to get the bullet out and make sure you stopped bleeding. You had a lot of blood transfusion. Now that you're awake, want to talk?"

"Seokjin, I'm so sorry." it was Seungwan who spoke. She was next to Yoongi, holding his hand and burst into tears. The latter tried to move and comfort her but groaned, making her cry even more. 

"I just want to know, since when?" 

"Well," Yoongi sighed, "for a long time. Son is actually undercover, and it's been years, even before I decided to join the police force. I don't even feel like I'm undercover anymore."

"How did this happen?" 

"We were crossed. Someone backstabbed us and went to Oh. We were ambushed. Yoongi wasn't even on patrol. We were—he was actually taking me out on a date."

Seokjin nodded and pulled up a chair to sit beside his friends. He looked sternly at the two of them. He was already curious before. He had been curious for a very long time whenever he thought he saw Yoongi and had been right. His friends probably thought him to be dumb. He wasn't. There were still many holes to fill. There was still a lot to be uncovered and for that he needed to actually get his mother to talk to him. The moment he mentioned his "estranged" father, she hung up on him. Going down to Daegu did nothing. It only affirmed that he was Taehyung's cousin and Namjoon was actually his brother. Even Namjoon didn't know much. Neither of them knew why they had been separated. 

"Jin, how long have you been an operating doctor?" Yoongi asked, he had not told them everything—just that he was a doctor on call for surgeries to the underground world. 

"About a month or so." 

Seungwan made eye contact with him. "So, you know about Irene?"