xxxv: petty

Irene:

Irene:

           Maybe she really was bad. She was just trying to paint herself as a nice person. She probably was bad considering she was waiting inside the home of the man she loathed. Their home was too big for her liking. It was as if he was showing off his wealth. That came from dirty money. Sighing, she sat back because she was not any better. She knew what she was born into. It was only because of her illness that her parents allowed her to live a simpler life. A life she never knew she had been taking for granted.

Yet, there she was crawling back to the lion's den the moment she knew they were watching and following her. Bae Joohyun may have been sick and fooled by love, but she was no fool when it came to those following her and wanting information from her. Although, the said person had not been around for a few days.

Dohwan, he was an idiot. She knew that from the moment his family entered into a deal with Sehun's father. She was sick already and, in the hospital, but she knew about him. How he had found the infamous Park Sooyoung, but let his little head do the thinking. Had he succeeded, Sehun would have had him killed. Only he could deflower his princess.

Irene shuddered at the way Sehun spoke about the girl. So, why was she there? She could go back. She could take everything back and leave before he came—she didn't.

She thought back to a few days ago. After having missed school due to her parent's paranoia when it came to her small bout of bronchitis—and seeing more of Jin than she expected to—it came at a good time though. She had suffered humiliation in front of two girls in school that gossiped like no other. Taehyung did not like her how she would have hoped and thought; she decided to speak with him again. It took her some time to move past her dream boy not becoming her reality. Nevertheless, she would be a fool if she let him go even as a friend.

The last she had checked before going to see him, he and Joy were together but that was about it. The whole school knew. Some even screaming out in joy for having won a bet placed a long time ago—that the two high school friends would date. They were, in everyone's perspective, the perfect couple. To say she didn't hate that, would be a lie. She had not expected to find him. He never went home.

It was by some miracle of chance that she saw him on her third attempt of going to see him. He was waiting by the bus and she followed a fair distance behind him. She stared at her phone screen and wondered if she should text or call. There had been too many times she typed out a message, to then deleted it again just to try to send another but disliking it. What if he didn't want anything to do with her, at all? What if she had ruined their friendship? Due to her persistence for something that would never be? Irene couldn't help to think that maybe she should have treated Joy better and befriended her. Have actually done the old time saying of keeping your friends close but your enemies closer. In her case, her rival closer.