xxvii: ignoring

Sooyoung:

Sooyoung:

It had been a long time since she had a minute to herself. Midterms were over for her. She figured if she wanted to read a book, the best time was now that she didn't have to study for tests. She made sure to finish all her statistics homework before starting the book, though. She always seemed to struggle a little more with statistics.

Nestled in the corner of the library, on the third floor, one of the quiet floors, Sooyoung had found a couch by the window. When she saw the spot, she almost ran to it, to make sure no one else took it. It was behind some bookshelves with another small couch in front of it, a table in between.

While reading the book, she quickly realized her mind would divert back to what happened three days ago-on that weekend. Sooyoung hid her face in the book so no one, who passed, could see her bright smile at remembering the kiss. It was futile. Every time she was not preoccupied with homework, she would remember the kiss. Her forensic science class was a nightmare because she had his camera and just looking at the camera made her into a giggling mess. Taehyung, her Taehyung had kissed her. The more she thought about it, it was a very passionate and intimate kiss. It was breathtaking and she wanted to kiss him like that again. She stopped herself. It had been longer since she last saw Jin and she knew with their last face to face meeting she had given him hope. She felt bad, she felt like an abuser of his kindness. Every so often she would text Namjoon and ask if she really was a bitch, to which the reply would be that she wasn't.

With three days passing, the last she had seen of Taehyung was also three days ago in their fateful encounter that was engraved in her brain. She couldn't catch a break. She wanted to talk to him-ask him what was at the back of her mind due to his comment. Namjoon told her it was up to her to decide, but she didn't want to decide whether Taehyung liked her or not. She wanted to know for sure. But he was like a ghost. She couldn't catch a glimpse of him at all. No matter how hard she tried. She couldn't catch him at his apartment or outside his classes-because she had them memorized. He was nowhere. Yet, the less she saw of him the more desperate she was getting. She wanted to see him. It was normal. To always want to see or be with the person you love.

Sooyoung pouted. The book long forgotten on the table in front of her. Where was he? He didn't answer her text. He was like a ghost and was ghosting her. Every time her phone would notify her of a text incoming, she would get her hopes up, only to have it either be Seulgi, Jimin, Jungkook, or Jin. It was never Taehyung. Even Yeri would text her, not Taehyung.

Just the previous night she had spent at least an hour outside his doorstep, waiting for him to come home but he didn't. By the time she left, it was nearing midnight. She knew she should have called someone to walk her home, but she was feeling too dejected to even do that. Why didn't he come home? She just wanted to see him because her heart yearned for him. Nothing happened as she went home. The whole walk she felt safe, as odd as that sounded.