18

After a few days of stressing, I finally had the courage to step out of bed and leave the house. August has been blowing the hell out of my phone, trying to talk to me. Lately I haven't been in the mood to talk, but today feels like the perfect day.

I grabbed my phone from beside me and decided to dial his number.

Phone Conversation -

"Yo?"

"Meet me at the park at 6."

"Bet."

- end.

I slipped out of bed and jumped into the shower, doing my daily. I stepped out and did my hygiene, then to soon walk into the closet to find a pair of light colored shorts and a light blue shirt. I slipped them on and put my huaraches on. I went into the bathroom and pulled my hair into a ponytail then I went back into the bedroom to grab my purse and phone.

I walked downstairs and turned everything off. I snatched my keys from the wall and walked out the front door and locking it. Natasha was halfway over here and I frowned. I walked up to her and placed my hand on my hips. "What you want? Why you over here?" She scoffed. "I was coming over here to ask you if you could watch the girls." I shook my head. "No, I got shit to do."

I walked past her and went to my car door and opened it. "Please." She begged. "Why? You going to see a nigga or something?" Natasha rolled her eyes. "No, now can you take the girls or not?" I sighed. "Fine, hurry up and get them." Natasha smiled slightly and walked back to the guest house to get the girls.

She came back out with them both and she walked up to my car sitting Karia in the back seat. "Hey Auntie Kerri." I smiled. "Hey baby girl." Haley hopped in beside her sister and smiled at me. "Hey Auntie." I cheesed. "Hey baby." Natasha looked at me pull off and headed back to the guest house.

August POV

After getting off the phone with Kerri, I slipped out the bed and put some basketball shorts on. I put on a black tee and snapback then headed to Kerri house.

I pulled up to the garage to see Kerri not home. I killed the ignition and stepped out the car, finding the spare key to the house and I stepped inside. I grabbed some clothes and headed back out to see Natasha about to knock. I frowned. "What you want?" I said closing the door behind me and opening the car door. "I saw you come in and I just wanted to see if you wanted to come over to talk."

I looked at her crazy then I put my stuff in the car. "Why whatchu want?" She smiled. "To talk, I told you that." I sighed. "Aight, fine. But let's hurry this up."

I followed her into the house and she closed the door behind me. I sat down on the couch and watched her sit down beside me. "Wassup witchu?" I said looking at her. "So.. I figured that you weren't with Kerri anymore?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why you say that? cause a nigga ain't been over lately?" She nodded.

"Well I don't need you to keep tabs on a nigga like I'm a fuckin' kid." Natasha sighed and nodded. She slid a little closer to me and placed her hands on my chest. I looked at her and and back at her. "The fuck you tryna do?" I asked. "You." She said into her ear. I tried not to think about that shit. But it's been almost two weeks bruh.

"I can't do it." I said taking her hand off my chest. "you can, you acting like you don't want it." She said putting her hand on my chest, and lowering it down to my thigh. I tried fighting the feeling but she don't fuckin' listen.

She was in the process of pulling the string of my shorts when my phone rang.

Phone Conversation -

"Where are you?" Kerri said irritated.

"Uhhh I'm on the way, why wassup?"

"You're late!" She yelled a lil bit.

"Aight ma, ima be there in 10."

- end of call.

Natasha looked at me and frowned. "What?!" I said getting up and tying my shorts. "Why you leaving? Why you in a rush?" I ain't say nothing. I'm tired of her in my business. I walked out without saying a word and headed to the car. I know this conversation with Kerri is going to be weird as fuck.

-

I pulled up to the park to see Kerri on the bench looking at children play. I hopped out the car and headed by her. She turned her attention to me as I sat down beside her. "Wassup." I said looking at Karia play. "This talk." Kerri said looking at me seriously.

"Well.. let's talk then." I said rubbing my hands together and listening. Kerri began to talk without even looking at me. "I just want to know why you did it? Am I not important?" I looked at her funny and shook my head. "Girl shut up with that. You know damn well a nigga care about yo ass, but don't keep thinking just cause we have history don't mean I ain't going to keep coming back to you."

Kerri looked back at the children and nodded. It was a good moment of silence. "So you got something to tell me or what?" I said looking at her. kerri didn't say anything, she just continued to stare. "If I had something to tell you, I would've been told your ass from the jump." I thought about it.

Kerri is a loyal ass girl, an she gone hold you down regardless of yo shit. I know I did her wrong, and she need better. My mama taught me better, an a nigga needs to do better.

"Kerri I know you don't wanna hear this shit, but don't bug out on me. I be feeling sorry as shit when I'm alone, I be thinking about these past 4 years with you n shit and I be really thinking like 'damn, i fucked up.' But I know I can treat you better bae, I got chu no matter what."

Kerri finally made eye contact with me. I waited for her to speak. Right when she was about to Karia noticed me and ran to me. "Uncle August!!" She said running to me and kissing my cheek. "What's up baby?" She hugged me and sat on my lap. "I missed you! where you go?" She said looking at me. "Uncle Aug had to handle some business, I'll be back. I promise." She giggled an pecked my lips. She hopped of my lap and ran back to the park.

I turned to Kerri an she looked at me smiling.

-