68

It's officially March 15, and I'm really not feeling today. I looked at August while he drove up to the hospital. It was a awkward silence, but I don't really care for talking right now.

The boys are currently with Trey, he offered to watch them while I went up here to negotiate. We pulled up to the hospital, and I already hated being here. I hopped out the car with August following behind.

I walked inside stopping at the front desk. "Hi, I'm Kerri Neverson. I have a meeting here with your agency?" The assistant nodded and peeped August behind me. She popped her gum and fixed her hair. I giggled. She began typing on the computer and then she spoke.

"Alright, you go down to the right doors and it'll lead you to offices and conference rooms. You look for the conference room with the number 14B. I grabbed the pass she handed out then I grabbed August hand and walked where she told me to be.

"14B." I said opening the door seeing two officials sitting there talking. I smiled anxiously. "Hi, I'm Kerri." One of the associates stood up and shook my hand. "Hello I'm Angelo Redfern, you're here referring to Donovan; correct?" I nodded.

"Take a seat you two." He said smiling. The woman waved and we got started on the negotiation. "Alright, So as you know Donovan has been on life support for awhile. Around this time, if there isn't any brain activity; we'll tell the family about taking off life support."

I nodded. "The doctor told you he was thinking about taking off life support, correct?" He asked pulling out his pen. "Yes sir." He nodded and checked his paper with the pen.

"There has been little to no brain activity as the doctors has told us, but you are willing to provide the money to keep him on life support." I nodded. "Alrighty, this is Karen Dubois, she is his primary doctor and she will be discussing prices with you."

"Hello, I'm sure you know it'll cost a huge amount to keep him on. But he will get the best of doctors here, just to check up on him. We don't think he's brain dead, but he isn't responsive to anything.. yet." I sighed and squeezed August hand.

"How much will I need to pay?" I asked. "For the doctors and life support, that will cost you $368,000. We will use half of it as a deposit and the rest for the actual thing." I nodded. I turned to August. "I don't know what to do." I said to him.

"I told you I'd pay." He said looking at me. "But you've already done so much for me, I just need to find a way to replenish my money once I pay." He sighed, "just pay for it, I got you after this meeting." I twisted my lips and nodded.

"Alright let's do it." I said smiling. Karen and Angelo stood up and shook my hand along with Augusts.

-------------------

After paying almost $400,000 out of pocket. I decided to visit Donovan on my own. August hungry ass left me to get something to eat. I walked up to the side of his bed and rubbed his hands. He smelled like a baby, his nurses must've bathed him.

He was so warm, reminded me of the nights he'd sleep behind me with his hands locked inbetween mine. I miss my baby.. I smiled at the good times we've had together, and I kissed his cheek. I spoke into his ear to inspire him a little.

"Hey boo.. It's Kerri ya favorite lady. I just wanted to tell you I miss you, and you're missing out on so much with the boys. Kendall literally peed all on me yesterday, he laughed like it was funny too. As for Amaree, he's been sleeping a lot. That's all he do." I laughed to myself and smiled.

"I just want you back, all of you. From your perfect smile to your amazing personality. You told me I deserved the world.. you are my world. I deserve you here, kissing up on me, holding my hand, joking on me even cooking for me. I miss you so much, and I love you. I'm never leaving your side... ever."

I wiped a single tear that streamed my face. I want him to recover, all this he has worked for and he isn't here to enjoy it. There was a knock at the door and I turned around. "Hey.." I said standing up. "Umm Hey na, you ready to go?" I nodded. I kissed Donovan's face and I walked out the room.