11

The Next Morning -

Kerri POV

I woke up from the midst of my sleep from my phone vibrating under my pillow. I reached for it and turned over. I read the contact name and sat up.

Phone Conversation -

"Hello?..." I said in a groggy tone.

"Wassup baby K."

I smiled.

"Hey Quan."

"How you been? Dono told me you said you missed me and the rest of us."

I sighed.

"Hell yeah, I do."

Quan laughed.

"Well me and the boys decided to go out tonight. All the crew back together."

I got hype.

"Ahhh, you already know I'm in there. Where is it gone be?"

"Club Onyx."

I smiled.

"Alright, ima be there. Hey.. Is your brother going to be there?"

"Yeah, he gone be there. Why?"

I frowned.

"Nothing."

"Look, I'm not saying you gotta speak to him, but don't be mean. He already stressing."

I sighed.

"Fine, see you tonight."

-

I hung up and sighed. Tonight will be fun I guess.

I slid out of bed and walked downstairs. I walked downstairs to see August sitting on the couch watching a basketball game.

"Good morning baby ma." He said turning back at me. "Morning baby." I kissed his cheek and walked into the kitchen. I grabbed my ipad from the dining room table, and I sat at the island scrolling on twitter.

August got up after the game was on halftime. He walked where I was and kissed my forehead. "Bae?" He said calling me. I looked up at him and he kissed my lips. "what we gone do about Tasha?" I rolled my eyes and put my attention back on the ipad.

"Well, my mind telling me not to say anything yet. Just wait til i catch her myself, so I can beat her ass. Then again, my heart telling me to kill her." August laughed. "Bae chill the fuck out, she can't survive another ass whooping." I laughed hella hard. "Shut up."

August caught his breath and smiled. "But bae you know its true." I laughed again. "You foul as hell." August kissed my cheek. "I love you." I smiled. "I love you more." August was getting ready to head back into the living room but I stopped him.

"Hey Baby, so.. Quan called asking me out tonight." August turned around in a split second. "The fuck he asking you out for?" I giggled. "Not like a date babe, like my old friends going out tonight." August sighed. "Oh. Thats what you better had meant." I rolled my eyes. "You won't going to do nothing."

He looked at me and smirked. "You don't think so?" I laughed. "I'm kidding! Seriously!" He chuckled. "Thats what I thought. Now, are you going out tonight or not? cause if you do, Donovan gotta go with you." I whined. "Why you always gotta make him go places with me! I ain't no kid." August smiled. "Cause thats my nigga, and I trust him around yo ass." I sighed. "Fine."

August smirked and walked back into the living room. I don't know how ima deal with all this drama.

I heard a little knock at the door and seen Karia. I smiled and opened the door. "Hey love bug." I said kissing her cheek and picking her up. "Hey auntie." She kissed my cheek and hugged me tight. "How you been baby girl." I said sitting in the living room and listening to her. "Good."

August looked at us and smiled. "Bae, you good with kids." I looked at him and smiled faintly.. "yeah.." I kissed Karia on her cheek. "Go over there with uncle August, ima go upstairs real quick." She nodded and sat beside him.

I went upstairs slowly, my mind was being filled with thoughts. I went into the bedroom and closed the door. My eyes were stinging. I kneeled by the bed, and read my thoughts.

I got up feeling my eyes watering from my thoughts. My thoughts of my lost child, killed my vibe. How life would be with him or her, how good of a mother I would've been. I began to cry silently, my god I wish I would've had the chance to take care of that child.

There was a knock at the door. I wiped my face and opened the door. "What's wrong?" August said looking at me. "Nothing." I said smiling faintly. "Stop lying. Your eyes are fuckin' red." I sighed. August always found a way to know when something was wrong with me.

"Let me in." He asked. I opened the door and let him in. He closed the door behind him, and I laid on my side of the bed. "Tell me wassup." He said laying down behind me. I turned to him and laid on his chest. "When you told me a few minutes ago.. that I was good with children... it made me think of our angel."

August sighed. "Damn..." He said under his breath. I felt a few tears coming down my face. "Bae, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that. That shit hurts me too, both my kids didn't have a chance at life. I'm so sorry for everything. You know I love you." I nodded and wiped my eyes.

"August its okay.. I know our angel is looking over us. I just want another chance..." August rubbed my back. "Bae we got a long ass time for that, hell we could do it now. But don't keep stressing ok?" I sighed. "Okay.." August stopped rubbing my back. "Now give me a kiss."

I slid up and pecked his lips. "I love you." I said smiling. "I love you too fat ass." I hit him playfully and smiled. "Where is Karia?" August sighed. "Watching Backyardigans downstairs." I nodded. "Alright, you gotta go watch over her. I'm about to take a nap."

August frowned. "Why don't you watch her?" I turned over. "Cause I just said I was about to take a nap." August chuckled. "But bae, I'm tired too." I sighed. "If you don't get your ass up and play daddy downstairs with her i might have to kick your ass."