34

It was the day of my appointment, and august has been gloomy today. I was sitting on the edge of the bed slipping on my shoes and August was waiting downstairs.

I grabbed my jacket and went downstairs. "Are you ready?" I asked looking at him. He glanced at me and grabbed his jacket from the barstool. He put it on and walked out the house.

I walked out the door and locked it. I walked to the car and August didn't even open the door for me. I sighed and just got in. The car ride was silent, he won't speaking or nothing. I turned the radio down a bit and looked at him.

I sat up and looked at August. "Whats wrong...?" I asked curious. He looked at me and shrugged. "Nun." I rolled my eyes and looked at him funny. "Stop lying, what's wrong?" He took a deep breath. "I said there wasn't anything wrong with me." I frowned and sat back in the seat.

"I don't know why you hide shit from me." I said impatient. "Ain't nobody hidin' shit from you, if I was hidin' shit you damn sure wouldn't be in the picture." I looked at him. "Who the fuck you think you speaking to?" I snapped back..

"You!" I felt my anger building up. "Why the fuck you like messing with my emotions?! I've been trying my best to hold up these three days but you have been ignoring the shit out of me and I've been nothing but nice to yo secretive ass."

August shook his head. "Ain't nobody hiding shit from you, thats the last time ima tell you that. You just being a insecure bitch right na." I felt my heart being crushed in pieces. "You know what August, leave me the fuck alone. Let me out, I'll call Donovan to pick me up." He scoffed and pulled over.

Before stepping out the car I looked at him with tears in my eyes. He tried to speak, but I hopped out before he could. I walked away from the car, bursting in tears.

August POV

I don't know what the fuck I'm doing man, I been out of it lately. I killed the engine and hopped out the car following Kerri. "Wait." I said catching up to her. She turned around with hurt filled in her eyes. "I want you to leave me the hell alone, please don't bother me." I tried to speak, but my thoughts were tryin' to over come.

"Kerri I'm sorry man.. I am. But you gotta recognize that its raining, you have no jacket on your arms, you pregnant and you crying." She shrugged. "I don't care August. Now you wanna care, now you wanna show affection when shit is out on you."

I sighed. "Just get in the car and we can talk about it on our way to your appointment." She was quiet. I grabbed her hand. "Come on." I walked her to the passenger door and opened it. She stepped in the car and closed the door before I could. I hopped into the car reviving the engine.

The car ride was silent. She didn't speak, and I didn't want to bother her. She was aggravated enough. We pulled up at the clinic and I killed the engine. She opened the door getting ready to hop out but I stopped her.

"Wait... let's talk for a minute." I asked. "I have a appointment." She said halfway out the door. "You got 10 minutes to spare." She sighed and closed the door. "What is it August?" She didn't even look at me.

"Is there something we need to address or you gotta ask for we start this new thing?" She thought about it. "Are you doing something with another female?" I rubbed my goatee. "What you mean 'something'?" She rolled her eyes. "You know what the hell I'm saying."

"Well you want the truth...?" I said thinking.

Kerri POV

"Yes August, tell me now." He sighed and licked his lips. "I... Am not doing anything with anyone else but you." I believed him. "Is that it?" He asked. "For now. We'll talk later. But we gotta go now."

I hopped out the car and linked with August. He opened the clinic door for me and the front desk secretary welcomed me.

"Hello Ms. Neverson. This must be the child's father you mentioned about." She said cheesing. I smiled. "Indeed." She chuckled. "Well you weren't lying when you said he had a pretty smile." August grinned. "Thank you."

We were called into the back and the doctor greeted August. "It is finally nice to meet you." Doctor Smith said. August shook his hand and nodded. He sat down and began to listen. "So did you come up with names?" He asked me.

"We both did actually." I said looking at August. Doctor smith smiled. "Thats what I like to hear. Well I'm about to get started on the ultrasound to find out the sex; but first I must ask how have your emotions been for you?"

I frowned. "They suck. One minute I'm happy, next I'm in tears." He laughed. "I told you it would happen. You didn't believe me." I giggled. He stood up taking my pulse and everything. While he was taking my pulse he mouthed to me. "You tell him yet?" I shook my head. There's a surprise August doesn't know about.

"Alrighty, so are there any complications?" I thought about it "No sir, everything is going smooth." He nodded and bought the equipment out. "So the gel as you know will be really cold on your stomach at first." I nodded and he put the gel on my stomach.

I looked at August and held his hand. The doctor used the ultrasound to look at the small presence in my womb. I watched as he observed the results and I became really scared August might be upset with what I didn't tell him.

He looked at us and smiled. I had butterflies in my stomach. "Congratulations, it seems as if you're having twins." I smiled looking at August. He looked at me shocked and I giggled. He couldn't stop smiling. "The sex of both of them are boys." I cheesed in excitement and August stood up and kissed me. "you knew we were having twins this whole time?" I smirked. "Indeed I did."

----
Kerri in the multimedia 🔮

Kendall and Amaree 💝 will be the boys names 🎌