66

It was early in the morning, and August was asleep. Kerri was waking up, and realized she was still in pain.

"August..." She said in slight pain. He didn't wake up. "August!" She said louder. He jumped from his sleep, and looked over at Kerri. "What?!" He said looking at her funny.

"What happened?" Kerri asked. "What happened with what?" ... "The babies... Are they alright?" August sighed and got up. "They alright ma, but..." August stopped talking and tried to configure what he wanted to say. "But what August? But what?"

"They came in saying Donovan was in a coma." She looked at August blankly and soon had tears streaming her face. "Is... Is he gonna be... okay?" She asked wiping her face. "They're not sure... but don't worry. Keep praying. He needs all he can get."

Kerri tears came down more and more. "I... I love him..." August bit his lip and sat there thinking.

August POV

When she said that.. It reminded me of us. How she loved me, how she use to protect me and be crazy as fuck over me. I wiped her eyes and grabbed her hand. "Stop crying ma, you the best thing that has happened to him. I would know... He's gonna make it for you and the twins."

Kerri looked at me with her red eyes, and over heated face. "August.." She said lowly. I looked at her and gave her a head nod. "Wassup?" I said readjusting my arm.

She took a deep breath and spoke. "You are the best right how. You was with me through birth and you even stayed with me here at the hospital. You might not have treated me right through the process, but I know you care, and I know you love me and the boys. I hurt you, and you hurt me. But right now, all I have is you to comfort me. Donovan isn't in the best of terms with himself and I really wanna go see him.."

I grabbed her hand and rubbed it. "You don't have to worry bout that no more.. I promise I ain't leaving you no more, I finally have what I want in life. That's you and the boys." She smiled. "You wanna go visit Donovan?" I asked her.

Her face tensed up. "Yes...." I got up and kissed her forehead. "I'll be back with the nurses. You wait here." I said leaving the room. I walked to the break room her nurses were in and knocked. They eyes shot over to me. "Hey... Kerri is awake. She would like to see Donovan?"

Two nurses got up and walked with me to her room. I could hear them talking about I'm August n shit. I could really care less. We made it to her room, and Kerri was staring at the wall.

"Kerr?" I said catching her attention. "Yeah..." She said lowly. "Come on, let's go." I said smiling. I removed the cover off of her and she slowly turned her legs my way. "Ouch." She said in pain. "It's okay, focus on me." I said grabbing her hand. She stood up relieved. "Feel better?" I asked. She smiled and nodded.

We walked slowly to Donovan's room. She held my hand tighter as we got closer to his room. I could tell she was nervous... I bet she was like this when I was in a coma.

Nurses opened his door and it was dark. The first thing you heard was the breathing machine. Kerri was lost, she froze up. "Come on..." I said gripping her hand and walking into his room. She walked in with me, nurses turned on a lamp then walked out.

"Oh no.." Kerri said shocked. I could tell she didn't like this one bit. "No..." She said gripping his hand. She held it, even though there wasn't a response. "Donovan...." She dragged every word she said.

A tear fell from her face. She pulled his cover off to see wires attached to him, and his wound was covered. She was extremely shocked. She traced her finger along his chest and put her head down. I knew she was about to break down.

I got up and turned her my way. "Stop that crying." I wrapped my arms around her and we stood there til she was finished. She gripped me tight and never let me go. It reminded me of so much... She held me down, she was there for me...

Chelsey POV

All of us was sitting in the conference room with Raheem in the middle. He was disappointed with us. "You all was at the baby shower... and didn't kill that Michael Jackson motherfucker?" Everybody looked at each other. "Speak!" He said angrily.

"We so over his shit Raheem." Jachin said. "Over it? You think I'm over it?" Everybody shrugged. "You know what, yall get out. Chelsey you stay." Jachin and his crew got up and left in silence.

"Did you hear from August yet?" He asked. "No.. He hasn't called." Raheem shook his head. "Alright, just lay cool for a few days." I nodded and got up to leave. "But I have more planned for you..." He said smirking.