40

It's been a few days since I left the house. I bought tickets to go to the Bahamas, so Karia and I will be here for a week or so.

We were playing in the pool, when my phone rang at the backyard bonfire. "Come on Karia, I gotta go answer the phone." I picked her up and we hopped out the pool, and went to where my phone was. It was a unknown number, but I answered.

Phone Conversation 📞

"Umm Hello?"

"Why haven't you been answering my calls?" August voice was surprising.

"I blocked you. That's why."

He sighed.

"Why'd you leave the house? Where are you?"

I tried to keep my cool.

"Don't worry about where I am, you're asking me all these questions when it should be me asking them."

"Well shit, ask what you need to ask. But drop that nasty ass attitude."

I frowned deeper than before.

"How long ago was it when you supposedly slept with her?"

He was debating.

"Like two months ago, but that's it. She'd call me randomly and ask for more, but a nigga was with you so I won't trying it."

I nodded but looked around processing.

"So... was you with her too when you cheated the first time huh?"

I felt my anger try to build up.

"Yeah... I guess.."

He was disappointed in himself.

"You wonder why I left? This is why. You treat me like shit. I'm four months pregnant, and look how I'm being treated."

"That shit old, ok yeah. I cheated. I apologized. I'm trying to get past the shit but you keep wanting to stay on it. Making shit worse man."

I felt tears streaming my face.

"I'm your fiancée and baby mother, why the hell are you doing shit like this? You are not a little boy, you don't hurt somebody who's been riding with you for almost three years."

August sighed.

"So are you going to stop bitching about it and get over it? It ain't good for my boys."

I was officially heated at this point.

"Oh so now I'm bitching? alright August, I'm done with your shit. Don't call me, don't text how you miss me, or none of that shit. I'm done."

I hung up in anger. I looked down to see Karia fast asleep on my stomach I picked her up and went inside the house to take our bathing suits off. As I undressed out my bathing suit, My phone rang. I grabbed a towel and sat on the bed.

Phone Conversation 📞

"Hey Natasha."

"Hey girl! How is the vacay?"

I smiled.

"Great until August called."

She groaned.

"What he say now?"

I frowned at my thoughts trying not to cry.

"Long story, I'll tell you when you get here."

"Okay mama, our flight is tonight so we'll be there late."

I smiled, excited for her to come.

"Alrighty, have a safe flight! Love you guys."

"We love you too."

I hung up and went inside the bathroom to shower.

-----

It was about 12 in the morning when I heard a knock at the door. Karia was asleep on my stomach so I picked her up and walked to the door. I looked through the peep hole to see Natasha.

"Hey boo!" Natasha said hugging me. "Hey you guys." Haley smiled at me and her sister. "Karia!" She yelled. Karia jumped from her sleep confused. We laughed at her. "Come on in you guys." I let them in and closed the door. "This is beautiful." she said referring to the beach house. "Yeah I know, it cost half my bank account. But it's cool." Natasha laughed.

We were sitting in the living room while the girls were upstairs watching cartoons. "So what happened earlier between you and August?" I sighed. "Can we walk the beach really quick?" I asked. She smiled. I put my flip flops on and turned the alarm off before leaving through the back door.

We walked past my backyard to see the beachy sand. We walked closer to the ocean and I spoke. "August has been a complete ass hole to me, forgetting my birthday was tomorrow, cheating... everything.." Natasha sighed. "First and foremost I'm sorry for what I did. Secondly, August cares for you.. everybody sees that. But you have to learn to not feed into what he saying."

I sighed. "He told me earlier that all I do is bitch and complain." Natasha eyes widened. "Are you sure he said that? That isn't like him." I nodded. "Yeah he said it, loud and clear. It hurts to hear him say that, love is shitty. I care for him, never did him wrong. But yet I have to deal with his cheating ass."