64

The baby shower was ruined. Donovan was on the ground, blood seeping through his suit. Kerri was trying to find where he was shot. Kerri wasn't shedding one tear. She is determined to keep him in her life. She lost her mother, and she wasn't about to lose him.

She found his wound and yelled. "Give me a towel, anything." Someone threw a shirt. She held the wound down and kept minimum blood from coming out. You could hear sirens nearby. Donovan was having trouble breathing. All you could see was his tears mixing in with his sweat. Kerri looked at him the entire time trying her best not to give up on him.

When the ambulance stopped at the entrance, they immediately put Donovan on the gurney and gave him oxygen. "Who is a relative to him?" The female paramedic asked. "I'm his fiancée." She grabbed Kerri's hand and pulled her into the ambulance, they immediately pulled off. Leaving security, police and Chanel up to leading everyone to their cars.

While on the ambulance, Kerri held his hand. She kissed his hand and he gripped it tightly, trying his best to live for her and the boys. "Don't leave me." She said tearing up and whispering in his ear. He closed his eyes and a tear fell from the side of his eye.

Kerri wiped it and gripped his hands tighter. It felt like it was taking forever to reach the hospital. Every minute it took for them to get there, the more Donovan was becoming less responsive.

When they pulled up to the hospital, his heart rate was dropping. Kerri was terrified. Doctors were already at the door prepared for him. They led the gurney as quickly as possible to an immediate operating room.

"Ma'am you cannot be inside while we're doing the procedure." The female doctor told her. Kerri was becoming more nauseous. Kerri walked to the chairs in the waiting room but immediately felt a sharp pain in her stomach.

She screeched at the pain. A guy walked up behind her and helped her sit. "Are you okay?" He asked. She felt the pain go again. She gripped on to his shoulder with her nails and she screamed again. "Hey! Hey! I think she's in labor!" He screamed.

Kerri tried to breathe. She was sweating, and she couldn't stand on her own. Two nurses came over to where Kerri and the guy was and the guy helped her into a wheelchair. "T-thank you.." She said in the midst of her pain. He nodded and went back to his family.

The nurses took her into the back, and immediately found her a room. "Can you stand up?" A nurse asked. "No! No! I can't." She said crying. "Go get a doctor." The nurse said to the other one. "I'm nurse Jace, the other is Yanna. Don't be afraid. Just breathe."

The nurse took her blood pressure and heart rate. Her heart rate was high as ever. Nurse Yanna came in the room with a doctor. "Hello. I'm doctor Hanes." Kerri wiped her face. "H-hi.." The doctor stood her up and led her to the bed. He picked her up and let her lay back.

"Is this your first child?" The doctor asked with a clipboard. Kerri gulped then spoke. "I'm having twins...." The doctor looked shocked and began speaking to the nurses. "Jace, give her a little morphine to help with the pain. An epidural is too soon for right now."

Nurse Jace began putting an IV in Kerri's arm. "You may taste a little alcohol while I clean the tube. Sorry." Kerri nodded and closed her eyes, then took deep breaths. They give her a little morphine, and the pain calmed down. She was feeling 10x better. Doctor Hanes came back into the room and walked to Kerri's bed side.

"So who is your OB/GYN doctor?" Kerri rubbed her stomach. "Doctor Jones. Please... Call her." He nodded. "We will try our best to reach her. Do you know the father?" Kerri nodded. "My phone... Is.. In my purse over there.." The doctor grabbed her phone and handed it to her.

"You call him while we reach your doctor alright?" Kerri nodded. She unlocked her phone and soon just broke down. Donovan's in the operating room.. He could die, yet She's in labor and Donovan isn't there to support and motivate her.

She called August and waited for a answer. He didn't answer. She began to cry even harder. She decided to call him again, and hoped he'd answer.

Phone Conversation-

"Yeah?"

"August?" She said crying.

"Is everything alright? Why are you crying?"

"I..."

"You what? Are you alright?!"

She wiped her face, and tried to calm down.

"I'm in labor."

August world stopped. His heart was racing, and he just committed a crime.

"Foreal?!"

Kerri eyes watered again. "Yes, please... hurry. I'm scared."

August took a deep breath and made a U-turn.

"I'm on my way baby ma, you want me to stay on the phone with you? Will that help you not be scared til I get there?"

Kerri wiped her face. "Yes."

"Just breathe ma, breathe. Everything alright, I'm almost there. Don't worry."

Kerri was crying again. She doesn't know what to do.

"Don't worry, I'm coming. Stop crying. I'm here for you."

"August, this is my fault. I'm in labor because I didn't listen."

August felt like his world shattered.

"It's not your fault. It's my fault. I wasn't there for you like I should've been. I'm sorry, I should've been there for you. I had my head all up in Chelsey's ass, and I'm sorry ma."

Kerri wiped her eyes. "August... Hurry."

August was two minutes away. He drove as fast as he could.

"Kerri.. I got them."

Kerri was confused.

"Got who?"

August sighed and turned into the hospital.

"The guys who shot him... I killed them.."

Kerri was shocked.

"August..."

"Don't worry about me, worry about the boys. I'm alright."

August wasn't ok. His shoulder was dislocated, and his fingers was badly broken from fighting one of the guys.

He hopped out the car and locked the door. "I'm at the hospital now ma, I'm coming."

Kerri was silent. She was scared. She was anxious, she had every emotion running through her.

"Hello, welcome to Duke Hospital. May I help you?" August took a deep breath. "My baby mother is in labor." The desk assistant looked at the recently checked in. "What's her name?" August held on to his shoulder. "Uh, Kerri Neverson." She nodded. "Room 157." She handed me a visitor pass and he hurried to the room.

Once he reached the door he seen Doctor Jones and Kerri there, crying. His heart ached for her. He walked over to her and kissed her forehead. "I'm here now." He said wrapping his arm around her. She held on to him tight, his shirt was being dampened by her tears. He ignored the pain in his hand and shoulder.

"August, she will soon have the boys." Doctor Jones said. "How soon?" She debated. "From how dilated she is, she will have them in a hour or two." August heart raced even more. Kerri looked up to him, and he looked at her.

"Are you ready for them?" He asked. "No. I'm scared." August kissed her forehead. "Everything will be fine. I promise. I'll be back in 30 minutes. I have to go get my arm and hand checked out." Kerri nodded and August wiped her tears. "I'll be back." He kissed her hand and walked out the room.