43

The police went on a search for Karia and Haley. It was about 7 in the morning and the sun was rising. I was crying my eyes out on the beach. This is all my fault.....

An American police officer tapped my shoulder and I stood up wiping my face. "We have found Haley, the other young child is missing. Can you please give us a brief description of how she looked, along with what she was wearing."

I nodded. "She's really light colored, she has brown hair, honey eyes, she was wearing her bubble guppies pajamas... she had a necklace with her name on it." He nodded and passed the notebook to the other officers.

"How long will this search continue?" I asked. "Well... Here, it only lasts two days. We will try our best to find her. This isn't a big place." I nodded. "Thank you.." I sat back down and looked at the ocean.

Natasha's voice lingered the beach. I looked back to see her walking to me. "What is it?" I said rubbing my eyes. She bend down and hugged me. "It's okay, they'll find her... I promise." Another tear fell down my face. "This is all my fault. If I would've checked th-" she cut me off. "Kerri it isn't your fault! If you would've checked the house the same thing would've happened." I cried deeper. "Why is this happening to me? I'm pregnant, I'm sad, I'm just unhappy." Natasha sighed and wiped my face. "God puts things together in a weird way. He know you can handle this, he knows you can take care of Kendall and Amaree."

I had the sniffles. I finished my crying and hugged Natasha. "Are we staying here until they find Karia?" I asked releasing from the hug. "Yes. But we need to go somewhere else. Haley's in the car waiting." I sighed and stood up with Natasha's help.

I was kind've limping because of the cut on my foot from running barefoot. I went into the house and grabbed all my things and left.

As we settled into a hotel room, Haley began crying. "Oh no." I said walking to her and picking her up. "What's wrong?" I asked... but I already knew.. she was crying so bad she couldn't speak. "It's Karia huh?" I said sadly. She nodded and wrapped her arms around my neck hugging me tight.

This shit is killing me, if this mean me and Natasha needs to go out and search for her, then so be it. "What happened when you heard something?" I asked Haley. I sat her down and sat on the couch. "I heard Karia crying.. So I got up and w-went to her room.. and saw a man on her trying to touch her. I screamed and he looked at me...." I cried, disgusted from this shit. "What... what happened after that?" I said wiping my face. ".. I tried running but.. but he caught me and took me back into the room."

My face dropped and Natasha was pissed. She was pacing the room, "DID HE TOUCH YOU?" She asked mad as ever. "He.. He didn't touch me.. He tried kissing me but I kicked him. Then he grabbed me and took me outside."

"How did he take you outside? Like he dragged you?" She nodded. I became even more pissed. Anger was filling my body. "He took me to the place and I heard Karia screaming my name. I think she was looking for me." Haley began crying, "I should've went back for my sister." She said rubbing her eyes and crying harder. I held her to my chest close and rubbed her back.

"What are we going to do?" I asked Natasha. She was still pacing the room. "Whoever did this, is dead. We going out tonight to find Karia, I don't care if I have I die or not." I nodded and as I was about to speak my phone rang on the table.

Phone Conversation 📞

"What hotel y'all at?"

I sighed.

"Grande Paradise."

"Aight, see you in 10."

I hung up and sat my phone on the table. Natasha was pissed. Haley began having trouble breathing. "Just breathe Haley, where's your inhaler?" She shrugged. "I.... I.. Don't know." She said under her short breaths. I got up and went in the closet. I reached into my suitcase and grabbed my extra inhaler I brought. "Here." I said giving it to her.

-----------------

It was about 15 minutes later and there was a knock at the door. Natasha answered and a bunch of voices entered through. I seen August and rolled my eyes. Donovan walked over to me and seen a small scratch on my eyebrow. "You ok?!" He asked headed. "I'm fine... I'm fine." He nodded. August voice seeped through the guys. "Where's Karia?" I rolled my eyes and didn't answer.

"Missing." Natasha said. August face turned cold. I got up with Haley drifting asleep on my hip. Haley's heavy but I gotta get away from August. I let her sleep in my bed beside me while I watched tv. This won't make me feel better. It feel like I lost my child, it was my responsibility to keep Karia safe. I'm stupid.. So stupid.

------------

Two hours later

I was shaken from my sleep. I opened my eyes slowly to see Donovan. "What wrong?" I said rubbing my eyes. "We found her." I jumped up. "W-where is she?!" He sighed. "She... she in the hospital." I cried. "Is she okay?" He nodded. "Yeah, she's fine. She just has a broken leg and a small scar on her lip." I hugged him. "Can we go to the hospital?" I asked.

"August told them to not let you go in the hospital room." I felt heated. "What?!" Haley jumped from her sleep. I looked over and kissed her forehead. "I'm sorry baby, go back to sleep." I slid out of bed and grabbed Donovan's hand. "So you telling me, I can't even see Karia?!" He nodded. "The crew tried telling him to stop. But he on some other shit.. what you do to em?" I sighed. "I didn't do shit to him! Word on everything he's a stupid ass nigga, I hate him."

Donovan sat down. "Tell me what happened." I sighed and twisted my lips. "First, we was doing GREAT. We were going to buy a new house for the addition of the family, so I go to the house where the real estate agent was. We toured the house and she just kept snapping at the mouth. I ignored it like a good girl. So tour over or whatever, she ask me some shit bout me having kids or whatever. She come out to tell me she been sleeping with August."

Donovan rubbed his face. "This nigga don't know how to keep his dick in his pants." I rose my hands. "Exactly! Like what the fuck yo?! She put her hands on me so I duffed her in her mouth. I ask August about it, and he try to play dumb. So he come out and tell me he messed with her two months ago. I felt my whole world freeze and shatter."

Donovan motioned his hands for me to walk to him. "Come here." He said reaching for my hands. "Don't let no nigga disrespect you. I told you that shit. You gotta be stronger than ever now that your pregnant. I told you if he hurt you it was over for his ass. Now you with me, for now on. Fuck that nigga." I sighed an nodded. "So Donovan, I've been thinking.. you mind me staying at your place until I get back on my own?" He smiled. "Girl you can stay with me for the rest of your life."

Donovan in the media 😍