70

It's been a week and a half since that incident that happened at my house, or Donovan's house you could say. Trey hasn't been arrested or anything, but the guy that tried to kill us is locked up.

I've been living in a condo downtown of here, and it's been fine lately. I've been visiting Donovan everyday. But today, I'm going with the boys. They haven't been up here with me to visit Donovan.

I called August before I could get ready to go though.

Phone Conversation -

"Wassup ma?"

His accent was so thick and I smiled.

"What ya doing big head?"

He chuckled. "In the studio, missin my boys."

I awed. "Aww, look at the little baby missing my babies."

He sucked his teeth. "Girl bye, whea you at?"

I sighed. "At the condo, getting ready to go see Donovan."

August cleared his throat. "Alright then.. Call me when you back at ya crib. Ima slide through."

I smiled. "Yes sir. Call you later. & you better not be singing bout Chelsey dumb ass."

He laughed. "Yeah yeah yeah, I got you ma."

I giggled and hung up. August been real moody lately. Chelsey got arrested too, she tried to press charges on me, but she ain't have no proof I did anything.

I grabbed the boys car seats and walked out the door locking it behind me.

-

I made it to the hospital peacefully. I hopped out the car and opened the trunk. I decided to use the boys double stroller. Ya girl get tired from holding both car seats. I put them inside and closed the trunk & locked the doors.

I walked inside the hospital and the desk assistant automatically recognized me. "Hey boo." She said smiling. "Hey ma, how's ya day?" I said smiling back. "Girl, it's stressful. But doc said he has some news for you, so I gotta hurry up an give you dis pass." I sighed and nodded.

My anxiety starting to mess up now. She handed me my visitor pass. "Thanks girl, I'll see you before I go." She nodded and smiled. I pushed the stroller heading to Donovan's room. Being a mother of twins is hard sometimes.

I saw Amaree become a little fussy while he was in the stroller. I went inside Donovan's room where it was dark, but a lamp was on. I pulled Amaree out the stroller as Kendall was sleeping.

He began to whine a bit. I patted his back and shushed him. "I know I know, mamas baby is fussy." I said walking around in a circle patting his back. He quieted down as I opened Donovan's curtain, showing the city. I guess he was fascinated.

A small voice interrupted our view. I turned around and I looked around confused. I walked over to Donovan and Amaree smiled. "Awe." I said rubbing Donovan's hand.

His hand gripped mine and I was shocked. "Oh my god." I said to myself. "Oh my god oh my god oh my god." I said repeatedly. His eyes opened a bit and he smiled.. "You didn't hear me..." He said lowly.

"No.. I.. I didn't know it was you!" I said with tears streaming my face. I could see so much emotion in his eyes, but he couldn't express it.

"Do doctors know you're awake?" I asked. He nodded. "Yeah... they know." I cried and he sat there emotionless. He gripped my hand and stared at my glistening eyes. He looked on my hip and seen Amaree.

"Who's this?" He asked. "My baby... Amaree." He looked at me and shook his head. "There's no way.. was I really gone that long? I missed it?" Tears streamed my face again. "Donovan.. I missed you, this baby thing on my own is hard. I miss your kisses, your tight hugs, your vibe... just everything.."

He sat there. "I missed you too.. come here." I sat down on the bed and placed my hand on his chest. I kissed him passionately. It felt like the whole world stopped. We stopped the kiss and stared at each other.

I've missed this man for months, and I've finally got him back. I thank god I decided to pay for his life support. A nurse came in to check in on him. "Hey Mr. Donovan." She said checking his pulse. He sighed. "Sup. hey can you get these IV needles from my arm, I want to hold my babies." She nodded.

As she was taking the IV's out and bandaging his arm, he talked. "What's been going on?" He asked. "Well.. Last week an incident happened at your house. Some guy tried to kill me and Trey." Donovan looked at me and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Who?" I shrugged. "Some guy named Shawn, he was with Chelsey." Donovan scratched his head and looked at me. "You know who he is don't you?" I asked curiously. "I might." I sighed and realized Amaree was asleep in my arms.

"Can I hold him?" Donovan asked. I nodded. "Yeah.." I handed Amaree to him and he held Amaree to his chest. It was so cute... I've been waiting for this to happen for months.

-

Donovan can officially be checked out and taken home. God had really been on my side lately. Although he could barely stand up for longer than a few minutes, he was adjusting to everything again.

We were at my condo, and he was on the couch with Kendall on his chest sleeping. I was feeding Maree his bottle, and he sure was gulping it down. I guess my baby hungry. I sat beside Donovan and watched tv with him

I miss times like this...

His hands wrapped around my shoulder as I fed Amaree. Doctors told me he probably won't be able to express his emotions for awhile, but i can get adjusted to that. I just need him around... thats all.

I was in the middle of burping Amaree when Donovan spoke. "Can you tell me why I was in the hospital?" He asked. I looked at him awkwardly. "You don't know what happened?" He shrugged. "No.. I ain't think it was important til now." I sighed. "Um, okay. Well.. You were shot at my baby shower, some guys shot you & injured August."

He nodded. "Where was I shot?" I looked at him in his eyes. "In your chest." He nodded, putting everything together. "So the scar on my chest is from that?" I nodded. "Is August ok?" He asked. "Yes, he's good. I should call him and tell him the good news."

I stopped burping Amaree and grabbed my phone. I dialed Augusts number and continued burping.

Phone Conversation -

"Yo?" He said in his accent.

"Hey, I have some good news." I put him on speaker.

"Wassup wit it?"

"Donovan's home!" I yelled.

"Aye, where my nigga at?!"

"Right here bro." Donovan said calmly.

"Welcome back brodie, how you feelin'?" August asked.

"I'm fine bra, just need to rest n shit. Good looks for lookin out for Kerri, she told me you been helpin out."

"Anytime bruh, come to my crib tomorrow."

Donovan looked at me. "Aight fam, ima see you later."

"Aight brodie."

He handed me my phone and I hung up. I stood up with sleepy Amaree in my arms and decided to put him in his crib. "I'll be back." I said walking to the babies room.

I laid him down and made sure his nose wasn't covered. I put his pacifier in his mouth and walked back in the living room to grab Kendall from Donnie.

I went back into the room and put him in his crib. I rubbed his back and made sure his nose wasn't covered also. I turned the baby monitors on and walked out.

I can finally have some time with Donnie. I sat down and laid my head on his chest. I laid there for a few minutes rubbing his knee.

I looked at him in his eyes and just sat there. He looked at me in mine also and just stared. It's so much tension between us, and I'm enjoying the story his eyes are telling. I sat up and stood up in front of him.

I took my cardigan off and slipped my pants off to be a little more comfortable. I sat back down and we watched tv til I drifted to sleep.

< y'all thought they was gonna get freaky 😂 ya nasties. >