67

Kerri POV

Today I get to officially take the babies home today. I've been long awaiting this moment for months. I slipped my sweats on, and August helped me with my jacket.

I'm grateful for him. He's helped a lot this past week and a half. I really do appreciate it. "Come on." He said grabbing my hand. "You go head, I have something to do first." He looked at me, and understood instantly.

We separated ways and I went to Donovan's room. The monitors and beeps, freaked me out. The silence and dead tension made my vibe change. I walked to his bed side, and stared at his amazing face. His strength and warmth, made me feel safe. I know he'll pull through, I know it.

My thoughts were slightly interrupted with a knock at the door. "Oh Ms. Neverson, I didn't know you were here." The doctor said. I looked at Donovan then back at the doctor. "Yeah.. I had to see him before I took the babies home." He nodded and looked at his clipboard.

"I have some things to discuss with you while you are here." He said walking a little closer. "Alright.." I said rubbing Donovan's hand. "The date of taking life support off is March 18, can you confirm?" I furrowed my eyebrows, "No! I can't confirm, what do you mean life support will be off?"

The doctor sighed. "The insurance company cannot afford to continue to pay daily, so he will have to soon be taken off life support." I sighed and became teary eyed. I turned to Donovan and gripped his hand tightly. Tears streamed my face, but I didn't care. If I have to pay this... then I will.

"How much approximately will I have to pay?" He flipped through the papers and cleared his throat. "That varies between $300,000 and $500,000." I felt a tension within my self as I looked at Donovan.

Is he worth losing? All he's done for me and I can't do this simple thing for him? I wiped my face and turned around to the doctor. "I'll pay it.. I'll pay for it all.." He nodded. "Come in on March 15 to discuss with the Hospital agency."

I nodded. I kissed donnies cheek, then shook the doctors hand. "Thanks for everything." I said before leaving. I walked down the hall feeling as if I was back where I began. All my savings gone instantly, no money to support the babies.

I walked outside the hospital and called August.

Phone Conversation

"Where are you?"

I asked.

"Near Valet."

I sighed then hung up.

I walked towards valet to see the black and grey Range Rover. I hopped in the passenger side and August drove off.

"How'd everything go?" He asked. I sighed. "They're taking him off life support soon.." August looked at me. "What?" I looked over to him. "They're taking him off life support, but I offered to pay to keep him on."

August took his eyes off the road while we were at a stop light. "How much?" I shrugged. "300 or 500 thousand." He sighed and drove. "I'll pay." He said looking at the road. "No August... I got it." He looked at me from the corner of his eye. "Okay Kerri."

-

We pulled up to Donovan's house, and I hopped out the car with August following. I opened the back door and pulled out Amaree, as August grabbed Kendall.

We walked up the stone pavement and I sat Amaree down as I reached for the spare key. "Can you reach it?" August asked. I shook my head. "Move I got it." August grabbed the spare and handed to me. "Thanks.." I said lowly.

I unlocked the door and walked inside, instantly seen a card on the key holder. I grabbed it and opened it. August watched as I read it.

" I know you're mad at me because I left but I'll be back with a surprise. For now there's A surprise for you, for us... go down the hall on the first floor. You'll see what I'm talking about.

- yo favorite man, Donnie. "

I smiled to myself and grabbed Amaree from the car seat. He was still asleep. "Take Kendall out the car seat then follow me." August nodded and unbuckled him. He picked him up and I walked in the direction Donovan said.

I passed the indoor pool, and continued walking. I soon seen a door with a note on it. It read "I hope you love this." I smiled and opened the door.

"Oh my god.." I said smiling and excited. I walked in the room where the babies room were fully decorated. I smiled at the royal blue and white room. August was smiling and I could tell he was surprised.

"Damn, he finished his before I could finish mine." August said. I laughed. "You gotta be quiet August, the boys are sleeping." He laid Kendall down in the crib and I laid Amaree in his.

As they slept, August and I just sat there smiling. "I've been waiting on this." I said giggling. August hugged me. Nothing can get better than this.