.13

I walked inside the club, already seeing how deep the crew was. I sneaked behind Quan and everybody laughed, causing him to turn around.

"Hey Kerri!" He said hugging me. "Hey Quan." He let go and took a look at me. "Damn you fine as hell tonight. When you get this cute?" I gasped and hit him. "Where's Jachin and Cameron?" He looked around to spot them.

"Go look over there in that booth." I nodded. I walked over to where he pointed and sure enough it was both of them right there. "Oh damn." Cameron said smiling. He slid out the booth and hugged me. "Damn Kerri! What done happened?" He asked laughing. "I had to glo up one day." He smiled. Jachin looked at me in shock. "You not gone hug me? Ok." I said turning around as if I was about to leave.

He grabbed my arm. "You know damn well you was going to get a hug from a nigga." I laughed and hugged him. Once I released Jachin looked at me. "Why don't you sit with us so we can catch up on some stuff?" I smiled. "Yeah, I guess."

--

It was about 10 minutes into the conversation and Jachin was telling me about his baby mama issues.

"She been stressing me out, it's not the baby. It's just her constantly telling me what to do with my child and money. I got this." I looked at him in his eyes. "Just give her some time to adjust. Don't keep stressing about that." He smiled and nodded. "So what about you? You still with August?" I sighed. "Happily." Jachin smiled. "I'm happy to hear that, could've been me.." He said lowly.

"Uhhh yeah, so umm how has everything been after high school?" I asked sipping my drink. "Everything cool, once I heard about your mom.. everything crashed." I sighed. "Yeah I know right." Jachin nodded and hugged me. "You know I still love you right." I nodded. "Duuhhhh." I said smiling.

In that moment my song came on. I was dancing in my seat but Jachin interrupted. "You wanna go dance?" I looked at him and shrugged. "Why not." I said getting up and pulling him to the dance floor.

I danced with him for a good 5 minutes, then the song slowed. I was about to go over to Donovan but Jachin stopped me. "Come onnn, dance with me." I laughed. "This is to slow." He smiled. "Come on, pleaseee." He begged. I sighed. "Fine."

He danced along with me. We faced each other and he smiled. While dancing, he spoke. "I miss romantic times like this." He said pulling me closer. I nodded, but moved back a little. "I know right." I said sarcastically.

--

After dancing with Jachin. Donovan was staring at me. I got up and went over to him. "What's wrong?" I asked pulling him aside. "You." I furrowed my eyebrows. "I didn't do anything." Donovan pulled me into the bathroom. "You dancing with Jachin would have me killed by August." I sighed. "It wasn't even all that serious." Donovan frowned deeper. "You might not think it is, but just hope August don't find out."

I looked at his face and squinted. "Are you sure August is the one who is going to get mad, or is it you that is jealous?" He looked at me not saying a word. " I knew it." I said smiling. "That shit not cool." He said looking at me funny. "I'm sorry for doing it then Donnie." He sighed. "You good."

I smiled. I grabbed his face and kissed his cheek. "Be happy." I said giving him a thumbs up. I walked out the bathroom with him following. I walked over to Quan's little circle and seen Dani and the others.

-

It was already 1 and August had called.

Phone Conversation -

"Yes August?" I said waving everybody goodbye.

"Where you at?"

I sighed.

"I'm on the way home."

"Oh.. Ok. I'll see you then."

I smiled.

"Bye."

-

I was walking out the club when Jachin followed me. "Wait Kerri." He said coming outside. "Oh, hey." I said turning to him. "Uhhh Hey, you know.. I missed you." I felt nervous. "I .. I missed you too." He cracked a smile. "You think you can come get breakfast with me in the morning?" I thought about it. "Yes, of course." He smiled harder and hugged me.

"You have your phone on you?" He asked releasing from the hug. "Yeah." I reached in my bag and unlocked it. He entered his number and handed my phone back. "Well, I gotta go back inside." I smiled and nodded. "Alright, see you tomorrow." I hopped into the car, and revived the engine. He waited for me to pull off, He waved and went back inside.