5

Kerri POV

It was about 12 o'clock. I was sitting in bed on the ipad scrolling through flight schedules. August came into the room and flopped on the bed. "Whatchu doing baby?" I sighed. "What it look like negro?" He laughed. "I'm not a negro, I'm white." I looked at him and rolled my eyes.

"I'm just looking at flights for your album release stuff. I mean you did wanna go to Miami, or Cali. So I'm just looking." He smiled. "Damn I got a good girl. Thanks ma." I smiled and slapped his face playfully. "What the fuck maaaaa?" I laughed. I sat the iPad down and got up. "Bae I'm playing." He cornered me into the wall and smiled.

"Don't feel sorry now, you gone feel sorry in a minute." I bit my lip and my phone rang. "Hold that thought."

I reached over the bed and grabbed my phone from the dresser. I seen a number I didn't know, but I answered anyways.

Phone Conversation -

"Uhh Hello?"

"Tasha is at the hospital."

My heart dropped.

"WHAT THE HELL? What are you talking about?"

George spoke.

"The girls called 911 but, called me after."

I slipped out of bed and slipped on my hoodie and yoga pants.

"Alright so are you at the hospital now?"

"Yeah, come up here."

I sighed.

"Man, Im on my way."

---

I slipped on my mocassins and August stopped me. "What happened, where you going?" I sighed and grabbed my phone and purse. "No time to talk,I'll text you." I walked downstairs and left the house.

While driving to the hospital, I thought about Natasha. My bestfriend, who is like a sister to me. I thought about what George said. 'The girls called 911.' First off... she was home when whatever happened cause the girls called 911. Second..the girls dont even know the address so Natasha had to have told them or something.

I cleared my thoughts and drove into the parking lot of the hospital. Valet parked my car and I headed in to see the girls hugged up on George. "Erri!!!" They ran up to me and hugged me. Karia still crying, but happy that I was here. "Hey you guys. Whats up?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows. I picked Karia up on my hip and walked over to the seats. I sat down, then Haley spoke. "Q hit Auntie Tasha..She was hurt really bad, and and... she was sleeping I think."

I felt my heart drop and anger fill my body. "So you're saying he put his hands on her?" Haley nodded. "He was drinking again I think. Karia said it was the brown stuff. Right Kari?" Karia nodded and wiped her face. "Hey Karia, stop crying mama. You're too cute to cry, Auntie is okay. She's Strong like me, be happy..Alright?" Karia showed a slight smile and nodded. She finished her crying and wiped the last of her tears.

"Anyone here for Natasha Lovett?" George stood up and so did I and the girls. I held little Karia and Haley's hands and walked along with the nurse. "Room 104." She said pointing to the door. I walked inside and saw Natasha. She turned to me with tears forming. "Tasha." I said walking up to her and kissing her cheek. She was trying not to cry, she held my hand and Ismiled. "Girl you are a true fighter. Q put his hands on you?" A tear fell from her eye. She nodded. "Yes..." She said with a groggy voice.

I felt the anger within me deeper than before. Haley and Karia hopped onto the bed and hugged up on Natasha. She held them tight and kissed their foreheads. George and I sat down and absorbed the moment. I began to think, and I knew Natasha needed somewhere to stay. "Hey Tasha.. I know you're going to need somewhere to stay... so why not stay at the guest house next door from us?"

Haley and Karia smiled. "Please Auntie,we get to stay with Auntie Kerri and Uncle August." Natasha looked at me. "I don't mind you guys staying with us." I said looking at her, hoping she'd say yes. August and I need the company anyways.. She nodded and the girls hugged and kissed her all over her face.

"August and Donovan will stop by the house to get your stuff from your old house. They'll hurry enough before Quincy leave for bail." She nodded. "Thank you.." She said faintly and shedding tears. "Anything for my sister and nieces. I love yall." I said kissing the girls and kissing Natasha.