Zelda: A New Spin on the Legend: Chapter 52

"We're up really high," Vaati snickers as he looks out a stained glass window.

"Shut up you idiot," Twinrova snarls as she clings for dear life to the staircase.

"Oh that's right, you're a flame elemental who likes the ground," Vaati pesters as he helps Twinrova climb the stairs.

Suddenly Shiek poofs into the staircase behind everyone.

"There you are," Dark  Link huffs, "What kept you?"

"I made sure Naliah and Lila got to the Sages' Chamber safely, then scouted to make sure you guys weren't being followed as I climbed my way up here," Sheik explains.

Dark Link nods in response before the group continues to climb the seemingly endless staircase.

"Finally a door!" Link proclaims as he opens it to reveal an arctic and frozen room with Ganon's ice goons awaiting them.

"Ooh, ice my favorite to destroy," Twinrova smiles. "You guys go on ahead, I can take these guys with my eyes closed."

"Go Sis!" Vaati cheers as the rest of the group make for the exit.

"Twinrova," Sheik calls as he is about to exit.

"What is it?" Twinrova wonders.

"Good luck," Sheik smiles and then takes his leave.

***

Lagging behind the others, Vaati complains, "How long is this going to go on?"

"Don't  know," Dark Link shrugs.

"We need to keep going forward," Sheik reminds Vaati.

"Do we have to?" Vaati whimpers.

Link and Dark Link exchange a glance before rushing down to literally drag Vaati up the stairs by his arms. Sheik takes up the rear but giggles at the sight of them.

"Hey! How come you too aren't tired?" Vaati huffs.

"Forest life is harder than this times ten," Link explains.

"Plus, you have to run from all the monsters and dangers that lurk in the forest," Dark Link adds, " until you're strong or old enough to protect yourself and others."

"Ah, sounds like fun," Vaati nods in response.

Reaching the next door the twins set Vaati down as the door automatically rises up to show a inferno with fire elementals.

"I love these guys, leave them to me!" Vaati bounces.

"You sure?" Link ponders.

"Duh," Vaati smirks, "Now go!"

The remaining three say their sort goodbyes to Vaati to Vaati before running out the door and continuing on their way.