Zelda: A New Spin on the Legend Chapter 22

"That was close," Lila sighed.

"Maybe for you," Dark Link replied as he released an arrow from his bow. It landed in the red area of the target.

"That's only because of the encounter with Link right?" Lila asks as she strings an arrow and draws the bowstring back.

Dark Link sighs and turns to Lila, "I can't lie to you, yes."

Lila smiles then releases her arrow, it soars through the air and implants itself in the bull's eye of the target.

"Don't be ashamed," she smiled, "he's the same way about you."

"Of course he is," Dark Link smirks, "just because is mind is stuck on his duties."

"No," Lila replied, "he tired everything he could to make sure all of the sages, including me, are safe."

"True," Dark Link admits, "but you were almost killed."

The door slams open behind Dark Link as Lila disappears. Dark Link turns around to see Ganondorf staring at him.

"Just the man I was telling you about," Ganondorf explains as he points to Dark Link.

"Interesting," an ominous voice smirks, "that's my partner."

"Partner?" Dark Link asks.

"Yes," Ganondorf replies, "this is Vaati, he's--"

"I'm here to help you kidnap the sages," Vaati finishes.

"I see," Dark Link smirks.

"Your first mission is to get to know each other," Ganondorf commands, "NOW!"

He then disappears, leaving Vaati and Dark Link alone with villagers.

"Shall we pay the Sage of Shadow a little visit?" Vaati ponders.

"Let's," Dark Link grins evilly in reply.