Zelda: A New Spin on the Legend Chapter 17

"We're here!" Safira tells Link, "as you can see, the forest is in bad shape. I ordered all the forest citizens to evacuate."

With a wave of her hand, the forest opens up, and Link sees the almost dead, lifeless forest with a plethora of monsters.

"Is there a detour we can take?" Link wonders.

"Yes, quickly follow me to the Forest Temple," Safira explains as she closes up the forest then she and Link climbed up some hidden vines.

"I'm right behind you Safira," Link says as he sees her looking for him, " I just can't see the vines so I'm taking some time."

"Good, it's great to see the forest again, even if it's infested with monsters," Safira admits as they walk, "being the Sage of Forest, you're duty is to stand guard and watch over the temple and never leave it unattended unless Zelda calls you."

"Wow, really?" Link realized, "being the Hero of Time is really nothing special in other worlds. Sages like you though are beloved and worshiped."

"Only because of Raru and Zelda," Safira sighs, "maybe we should catch up later, we're losing precious time."

They look mischievously at each other and then speed off at top-speed to the temple. When they reach the temple, they collapse to the ground, panting and laughing.

"We haven't raced like that in years!" Link gasped.

"Yeah, we always tied too! Even with your brother racing that one time with us," Safira recalls.

"Shall we?" Link asks as he stands and motions to the temple.

"Yes, you shall," Safira nods as she stands and hands him a bow and full quiver, "kill evil phantom in there and I'll be a full-fledged Sage."

"Got it," Link nodded as he headed into the temple.