Zelda: A New Spin on the Legend Chapter 42

"Lila!" Dark Link calls into the desert, blinded by a sandstorm. Hearing no response he trudges forward, with the sandstorm engulfing him.

"Lila! Answer me!" he calls again getting sand in his mouth.

He hears a faint shriek and runs blindly towards it, coming upon an abandoned guard's tower.

"Lila! You there?" Dark Link calls as he approaches the entrance of the tower.

"Yeah, I"m in the basement," Lila calls back.

"Alright," Dark Link hollers in reply before searching for a staircase. Once he finds one that heads downward he climbs down them in a rush.

Once he's at the bottom he spots Lila sitting in the middle of the room with Naliah kneeling beside her.

"Lila!" Dark Link calls.

"I"m right here," she says as she smiles at him.

"Aw,  how precious!" Naliah whispers to Lila.

"Shh," Lila replies as Dark Link reaches them.

"Why'd you run off like that?" Dark Link asks.

""Sorry, I sensed Naliah needed help so I left without thinking," Lila explains.

"It's true," Naliah vouches. "I called for help because I was caught by guards and locked in that cage over there." 

"Oh, okay," Dark Link nods. "Let's get out of here and meet up with the others."

"No can do," Naliah objects. "Lila used a lot of enegry breaking me out. So she's really dizzy."

"Lila," Dark Link frowns.

"I'm sorry," Lila meekly smiles. "The magic seal was very strong."

"That's alright," Dark Link smiles as he takes Lila's hand. "Here, I can spare some strength.""Thanks," Lila smiles as she stands up with ease. "That'll be enough to last me until the others arrive."

"Good," Dark Link smiles.

"How adorable!" Naliah coos.

"Naliah!" Lila snaps.

"Isn't she?" Dark Link smirks as he puts his arm around Lila.

"Hey now, we have a job to do," Naliah laughs. "Save it for later."

"Alright," Dark Link sighs. "Ready?"

Lila nods, so the three climb up the stairs with ease. When they reached the top of the stairs Lila stopped.