Zelda: A New Spin on the Legend Chapter 47

As Dark Link lead the way down, silence reigned in the group. Navi flew uncomfortably before whispering in Link's ear, "Why is he so sour sometimes?"

"Navi!" Link quietly snapped.

"What? He is and you know it!" Navi defended in a hushed tone.

Link stops to glare at Navi, "It's how he keeps his emotions under control, trust me, deep down he's terrified and worried out of his mind about Lila. You of all people should know not to stereotype him."

"Since when did you defend him?" Navi questioned.

"Since he proved to me he needs a lot of help keeping himself under control from the dark, evil powers that call out to him everyday, Lila even helps him with them, because she has to deal with to," Link explains to Navi.

"She does? Wow, I never would've known," Navi gasped.

"Yeah, because she has people who care about her, Dark Link had no one until Lila, I'm sad to say, after we abandoned each other," Link sighed.

"Are the two of you going to keep gossiping about my past all day or are you going to drop it and catch up so we can get Lila?" Dark Link growled as he glared is intense red eyes stung into Link and Navi.

"Sorry, bro," Link smiles kindly as he begins to rush down the stairs.

"You know you don't have to be so grumpy all the time," Navi blurts as she flies up to him.

"So? Why do you care?" Dark Link spits as he pierces his gaze at Navi.

"I care because I know no one likes you as much as they do when you're nice when you're angry," Navi honestly tells him.

"I... I know, I guess old habits really do die hard," Dark Link sighs, "It's not something I mean to do, it's just how I've had to act for most of my life, Lila even tells me to stop. She's even helped me, because she cares, not because she's supposed to. It's nice."

"Aw! That's so sweet!" Navi glows.

"Navi," Link laughs as he reaches them.

"What?" Navi ponders.

"You're crazy, you know that, Dark Link could've snapped at you and shut off from the both of us, but you still did it anyways."

"Well yeah," Navi explains. "I just wanted to know what was wrong, because I know that he would've just exploded at the first moment we saw Lila again. He could've blown our cover."

"I... Lila... She knows how to bring the best out of me, I guess I just don't want her in danger or getting hurt or..." Dark Link blushes.

"I understand," Link smiles before he places a hand on his brother's shoulder, "I know exactly how you feel, Zelda has the same affect on me."

The brothers exchange a smile before they continued down to the basement on a good note.