Zelda: A New Spin on the Legend Chapter 48

"Are you sure we're going the right way?" Naliah sighs as she leans over Vaati's shoulder at the map they obtained from defeating a few minions along the way.

"Yes, we go this way," Vaati smirks as he points to the left.

"No, that's wrong," Twinrova sighs, "We go to the right, I'be been here before."

"Fine then, lead the way," Vaati snaps as he folds up the map and follows the girls to a door with strange markings.

"This is the door!" Naliah beams.

"Did you look down the hall sis?" Vaati asks.

"What are you talking about?" Twinrova smiles.

"Seriously, tell me the truth," Vaati growls.

"Fine, I did look down the hall," Twinrova sighs.

"Have you been here before? Oh, wait, yes you have," Vaati recalls.

"Yeah now shut up," Twinrova laughs.

Guys! Hello? Are you ready to go?" Naliah snaps them back into reality.

Huh? Oh right, you're still here," Vaati jokes.

"Hey! I didn't ask for your help!" Naliah roars.

"Whoa, calm down there, I was only joking," Vaati defends.

"Sometimes he's just to big of an idiot to remember the task at hand," Twinrova smirks.

Vaati holds his fuming anger by taking deep breaths. "So Naliah, you ready to open the door?"

"Yeah... but how to I do it?" Naliah ponders.

"You place you hand on the circle in the middle," Vaati informs her, "I was with Lila when she got her powers so I know what's going on."

"Oh cool," Naliah giggles as she skips up to the door and places her hand in the circle.

"So if we fail it's all on your head," Twinrova smiles as the door lights up with a goldish-tan color.

"Shh!" Vaati snaps at her as the door slowly opens.

"Ooh!" Naliah chirps as she looks curiously into the chamber.

"Naliah, is there a guardian we have to defeat?" Vaati asks her.

"I don't know," Naliah shrugs as they all begin to walk in to the chamber.

"There's a trail she has to complete," Twinrova says as she nods her head to the platform in the center of the chamber.

"Do I have to do it alone?" Naliah wonders.

"Yes," Twinrova replies coldly.

"But we'll be right here," Vaati assures Naliah with a smile.

"Okay, here I go," she sighs as she walks over to the stone steps and begins to climb them.

"Do you know what is at the top of the platform?" Vaati whispers to Twinrova.

"Not a clue, but soon time will tell," Twinrova replies.