Zelda: A New Spin on the Legend Chapter 19

Halting Epona, Link approaches the entrance  to Kakariko Village.  He dismounts Epona with Navi in toe.

The village was as lively as it always is, children running about with their parents busy at work or buying something.

Passing through the crowds Link feels an ice cold stare. Looking over his shoulder he sees red eyes piercing out of a black cloak. Link continued to the graveyard without looking back.

He enters to see Lila watering the flowers someone had planted by their family member's grave.

"I thought the Sage of Shadow isn't supposed to like flowers," Link joked.

"I have to look after the graveyard as well as the temple," Lila smiled, "and--"

"And she has to because the Hero of Time isn't doing his job correctly," a voice growls behind Link

Link turns around to see Dark Link behind him.

"What are you doing here?" Lila asks.

"Making sure my plan is still in action," Dark Link replied.

"Plan?" Link wonders, glancing at Lila.

"You don't need to know," Dark Link smirked, "now leave."

"I'm not leaving Lila alone with you," Link glared.

"Fine," Dark Link laughs, then disappears into thin air.

"If he ever bothers you again," Link says turning around to face Lila, "tell me."

"But he hasn't done anything," Lila huffs.

"Yet," Link sighs, then left without a sound.

"Sorry," Navi hesitantly laughs, "he's a little defensive sometimes."

"It's okay," Lila giggles, "Dark Link's just like him. It's expected for twins to act similar."

"Yeah," Navi sighed, "well, I should probably get going and find Link. Bye!"

"See you!" Lila waved as Navi soared off to find Link.

Navi zooms over all the heads of the townspeople searching for Link. She spots him, tromping through the crowds and into the Fortune Teller's Hut.

"Why would he go in there?" Navi muttered as she waited for Link by the door.