Zelda: A New Spin on the Legend Chapter 46

The tension grows as Navi's blue glow disappears the farther she goes down. Everyone is silent and keeps their gaze at the pit, hoping Navi will return soon with good news.

"She's taking forever, what does she have a super slow function on her?" Vaati complains as he stretches out on the floor.

"No, she's probably just taking her time, because it's so dark down there and the only light she has is hers to look off of," Link explained as he crosses his arms.

"Still, she could amplify her glow so she could cover more ground," Dark Link interjected.

"Well I-- just give her a break, she's been through a lot," Link defended.

"Yeah, like having to put up with you," Vaati chuckled.

"Hey!" Link snapped.

"Guys!" Naliah screamed. "Calm down, this isn't going to help us find Twinrova or Lila any faster, and Navi wants to be sure that she can figure out where they went. She's doing a good job now shut your pie holes."

"Wow, the Sage of Spirit has spunk," Vaati laughs. "Never had a girl stick up for someone else in front of me and not completely high-tail it out of here when I made eye contact with them."

"Well, you're really not that scary," Naliah smiles.

Dark Link laughs in response, "He really isn't."

"Yeah, well, you can be," Link quietly pointed out.

"Yeah, I know," Dark Link sullenly replies.

"Link! Link! Link! Link!" Navi squeals echo as she speeds out of the pit. "The pit splits off into two paths, and Twinrova is down one path, because it ends a few miles down and the other goes to the basement which is the one Lila took."

"So that's what took you so long," Vaati exclaims as he sits up. "We were wondering what was taking you so long."

"Well..." Navi whimpers.

"Don't worry Navi," Twinrova smiles as she levitates out of the hole, "By "we" he means himself, he's very impatient."

"So?" Vaati huffs.

"The basement?? That's where Ganondorf's minions' lair is!" Naliah exclaims. "We need to go save her."

"But you need to get your sage powers," Link reminds her.

"We're not leaving Lila to those scum!" Dark Link growled.

"We're not, I won't leave her here, because she's my friend," Link explains.

"Well, what do we do?" Naliah ponders.

"Let's split up into two groups, one group goes after Lila, the other goes with Naliah to get her sage powers," Link suggests.

"That'll work," Twinrova agrees, "Who are the teams consisting of?"

"You and Vaati will go with Naliah while Navi, Dark Link, and myself find and if needed save Lila," Link decides.

"That'll work," Vaati smirks.

"Let's go," Dark Link demanded.

As the groups formed Naliah grabs Twinrova's and Vaati's hands and zooms off to the staircase leading to the second floor.

"Well," Link sighs and he runs his fingers through his hair, "shall we?"

"...Yeah, let's go get her," Dark Link smiles at his brother, who returns the smile, then head off to the staircase that leads to the basement and hopefully, Lila.