Zelda: A New Spin on the Legend Chapter 29

"...Sis..." Vaati barely utters as he walks over to her. "You can't really mean that."

"Well," Twinrova sniffs, "I always thought you were favored over me."

"It was the opposite," Vaati solemnly smiled as he kneels down in front of her, "I got more attention because I struggled with learning magic. The only reason I'm able to control my powers is because of this hat."

"Your hat?" Twinrova ponders.

"Yep, it has the greatest wind socerer's magic inside this hat," Vaati smiles as he wipes a tear from Twinrova's eye.

"But Ganondorf--" Twinrova starts.

"Ganondorf has been feeding us lies because he fears that we could, no, can bring him down," Vaati tells her.

"So he doesn't love me?" Twinrova asks softly.

"Sadly, yes," Vaati sighed, "ask him for yourself. He doesn't want to lose the ties he has with the Gerudo, and because we are Gerudo he dated you so the tie would stay strong."

"You know what, I will go ask him," Twinrova beams to Vaati before standing.

"Good," Vaati smiles as he stands, "now how about a hug?"

Twinrova nods and smiles and then Vaati steps forward and wraps his arms around Vaati.

"I'll join you if he doesn't truly love me," Twinrova whispered into Vaati's ear.

"Okay, I'll agree with that," Vaati whispers back.

They release each other and exchange tearful goodbyes. Then Twinrova teleports away and Vaati calmly walks back to the graveyard.