Zelda: A New Spin on the Legend Chapter 31

"Is everything true? Do you really hate me that much?" Link wonders.

"Yes, you were always the talk of the forest," Dark Link spat, " I was always your shadow and shunned by everyone."

"I'm so sorry, did you ever try to tell me sooner?" Link asks.

"I did but you only yelled at me, thinking I was jealous," Dark Link glared, "which I kind of was."

"I wish I could repay you somehow," Link sighed.

"You can if you agree to my plan," Dark Link shrugs.

"I'd like to know what this plan of yours is before I agree to anything," Link responds.

"I know," Dark Link smiles, "I'll get those three out of the shack so we can fill you and Navi in. It's a phase in my plan."

Link nods in agreement, then Dark Link opens the shack door and Vaati almost falls on his face.

"Whoa... didn't know you had a key too," Vaati states as he regains balance, "so is it time?"

"Yeah, it is you weasel," Dark Link growls as Lila and Navi step out of the shack.

"Okay, I'll start," Vaati smirks, "it started when Dark Link and I first met. It was completely by accident. We instantly became friends during Ganondorf's rise to power. Dark Link bounced the idea of outsmarting Ganondorf and taking his spot, but after we schemed more we decided against it. At this time, we weren't partners and we kept our friendship and our plan a secret. When I was introduced to Lila, we instantly became friends as well, so we let her in on the plan."

"The plan was going great," Lila continued, "but Dark Link underestimated the power of the Triforce of Courage, which lead to Ganondorf's downfall. So both Dark Link and Ganondorf were sealed away."

"So Lila and I altered the plan. We decided to release Dark Link how would release Ganondorf, so we could free the Triforce of Power," Vaati added.

"How would you free it?" Link pondered.

"By killing him," Lila replied, "when my fellow sages and I sealed him away, he still had the Triforce of Power."

"Alright, but what would you guys do with the Triforce of Power?" Link pondered.

"We'd return it to the Scared Realm and seal it off," Dark Link finished.

"Zelda and I can keep ours right?" Link wonders.

"As long as you two use yours for good," Vaati smirked as Link rolled his eyes.

"So are you in?" Dark Link asks.

"Yeah, bro, I'm in," Link smiles.

Dark Link smirks before they exchange a brotherly hug.

"I never doubted you," Link whispered as they release.

"Aw, that's adorable," Vaati snickers.

"Shut it," Dark Link snaps.

"Well I'm glad that the brothers quarrel have ended," Lila smiled, "now Link, you should get back to releasing the sages."

"Right," Link nods, "see you guys."

Vaati, Dark Link, and Lila wave Navi and Link goodbye, until they could no longer see each other.