6.

Blaise's POV

        Tomorrow is the game against Gryffindor and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. They're the second best team which means there's a possibility we'll lose, and I can't stand losing. But luckily, there's a party after either way.

         And I would be practicing right now if it weren't for the fact that I'm forced to take pathetic classes like this one.

         "Good morning class!" Hagrid shouts. "Today's lesson is going to be a little different, only some of you will be able to see this creature."

          Draco and Aary look my way and we exchange awkward looks.

        Hagrid claps his hands and we all wait patiently for something to appear, but nothing does; or at least that's what I think.

         When I look over at Malory I notice her eyes getting big as she stares at the trees surrounding us. A few other students look in that direction as well.

        "Alright, open your books up so you can see what they look like," Hagrid tells the class.

        I see Aary struggling with her book and decide to help even though it is entertaining.

                          "Give it here." I say.

       She huffs aggressively but places it in my hands. I stroke the spine gently and the book opens for me easily.

                     "My hero." Aary says sarcastically.

        I roll my eyes and shove the book back into her arms. She smiles slightly while flipping through the pages.

       "Thestrals are winged horses that have a skeleton-like body. They look quite scary but don't worry, they're gentle fellas."

         "Professor?" Malory raises her hand subtly. "How come not everyone can see them?"

        "Good question, Malory." Hagrid says. "Only people that have witnessed death can see them."

      Draco, Aary, and I turn to Malory suddenly.

                        "Who did you see die, Mal?" Aary asks her.

          Malory continues to stare up. "I've never seen death, I'm pretty sure I'd remember."

                         "Then you're full of shit, Hagrid." Draco scoffs.

       Hagrid gets flustered but ignores Draco's comment and turns back to Malory.

                    "Maybe you witnessed it and didn't realize. Who knows, but that's the only way you can see them."

          Draco walks up to Malory and tries to see what she's staring at. Malory giggles as he struggles to see anything, then she grabs his right hand and lifts it upward.

                                  "Do you feel it?" Malory looks at Draco.

         He nods and his eyes get big. Aary quickly rushes over to them and puts her hand in the same area in hopes of getting to feel it too.

             "Holy shit!" She shouts. "Z, come feel!"

Aary's POV