7.

Malory's POV

         "Cake? Why do we need a cake?" Aary leans over and looks at the list Draco gave me.

      I pause for a moment, trying to think of why Draco would ask for a cake, then it hits me.

                            "Oh Merlin, isn't tomorrow Blaise's birthday?"

            Aary's eyes widen. "Fucking hell, did we forget again?!"

     I try not to burst into laughter. "We'll act like it's a surprise party, he'll never know."

          The rest of the stuff on the list was the same as usual; fire whiskey, more cups, cigarettes. Aary and I picked everything up before dark and met up with the boys in the common room.

        "You two ready for the game tomorrow?" I ask while falling back onto the sofa.

       Draco and Blaise turn to each other and laugh.

               "We're not going to lose, you know that right?" Draco scoffs.

           "Oh I know," I sigh. "I just wanted to make sure you were ready for it.

       Draco picks up a glass full of liquor from the tea table and empties it in one sip.

                    "You couldn't wait for tomorrow?" Aary chuckles.

                                     "I could, I just chose not to."

        Blaise, Aary, and I all exchange glances. I know we're all only 15 but sometimes I really do forget. You'd think we'd be the youngest at all the parties but we're not at all.

                                                 * * *

                                       "Get up! Get up!"

       I open my eyes and see Aary hovering over me, her hair tickling my nose.

                    "Well hello." I chuckle.

        Her arms give out and she plops down onto my stomach. I wrap my hands around her and squeeze tightly.

                  "What time is it?" I ask.

        She pulls away and looks at her invisible watch. "We've got thirty minutes before the game starts."

        I shoot up instantly and start getting ready. The first thing I do every morning is look in the mirror, sometimes I regret it.

           "Here's your jersey." Aary says while throwing it my way.

        Ever since Draco and Blaise started playing Quidditch we've worn jerseys with their name and number to every game. If you can't already tell, we are all very serious about the sport, and I think the boys are convinced the jersey's are their good luck charm.

        I curled my hair last night and thankfully it stayed. For the game I put on a black beanie, black trousers, and a long sleeve underneath the jersey.

                    "Alright, I'm ready." I tell Aary.

        She finishes putting her scarf on and the two of us exit our room. The hallways of the school are always super hectic before games, everyone is either betting on which team is going to win or wishing the players good luck.