43.

Trigger warning- Mentions of Eating disorder.

Aary's POV

              "You promised you'd go dress shopping with me today!" I whine.

       Malory stays focused on her school work so I slam my hand down on the center of her textbook, making her jump.

                  "Bloody hell, Aary!" She huffs.

                   "You promised!" I snap back.

     I see her start to fight but then she lets out a heavy sigh.

         "You're right," She mutters. "I'm sorry, we can go after I finish this alright?"

      It seems like everyday things get worse for her. She never says something is wrong but I can see it on her face. Malory had a lot of ambition when we were younger. She's at the top of our class and that can really take her places. But once year five hit, things changed.

     And of course I understand, she has every right to be in a bad place right now. I just wish that when it came to things that normal teenagers do, we could enjoy them equally together.

      I give her a big smile as a way of saying thanks, then wait patiently for her to finish up her Potions homework. As her finger trails along the hand-written notes in her textbook I follow along. Some of the information in it is actually really interesting, I've seen some things that mention my dad. I guess Snape had a lot of questions about Animagi.

            "Okay, we can go now, let me just grab my jumper from our dorm."

      The two of us rush out of the library and towards the Slytherin common room. When we enter, Draco, Theo, and Blaise are sitting on the sofas going over the plans for the Quidditch game this Friday.

        "You're still here?" Blaise asks, surprised. "I thought today was dress shopping day?"

     I turn to Mal, who is rolling her eyes, then back to Blaise.

                  "We're on our way there now." I tell him.

        "Speaking of the dance," Theo gets up from the sofa. "Have you decided, Mal?"

      Draco's head shoots up and his eyes narrow as Theo makes his way over to us. I honestly have no clue if she's going to say yes to him or not. I know Theo has always fancied Mal, but I don't think she really feels the same. But at the same time, it's not like she has anyone else to go with, right?

                       "I have not." She responds.

       He tries to hide the defeated expression on his face by continuing to smile. "No worries, maybe dress shopping will get you more excited for it."

       Malory nods and disappears to grab her jumper from our room. Theo goes back to sitting on the sofa next to Draco, who doesn't look the happiest.

        "Why do you want to take her, anyway?" He scoffs. "She's not going to sleep with you if that's what you're scheming."

         Theo laughs under his breath. "No, that's not what I'm scheming. I really like her, is that a crime?"

      Everyone knows Theo as the guy who doesn't give a fuck about anything. And although that is a true statement, he seems to always find an excuse to be around Mal. People ask me all of the time why we're friends with him, because he can come off as a bit aggressive. But he's just like the rest of us, just isn't as good at expressing emotions the right way.