59.

Trigger warning - Slight abuse.

Song of the Chapter: Save Me by XXXTENTACION

Blaise's POV

      I wake up to the left side of the bed cold. My hand slides across the cotton bed sheets slowly and as soon as I realize Aary is gone, I sit straight up.

      Before I can get up to find her, the door to her bedroom swings open.

                 "Snape sent an owl." Aary says while breathing heavily.

       I look down at the piece of parchment in her hand with wide eyes.

                        "What does it say?"

     She holds out the note to me and I gently take it from her grasp.

       Meeting at the manor this afternoon. Don't be seen on your way.

                       - S.S.

         "I know they have to leave, but I don't want them to." Aary whispers.

      I give her a sympathetic look and signal for her to rejoin me in bed. She sits beside me with crossed legs and I wrap a blanket around her shoulders.

                "Let's just hope that it's not as bad as we're thinking."

       Slight sounds and movement start coming from the room down the hall and when I take a peek, I see Mal heading our way.

            "Did you guys sleep alright?" She asks while entering the room.

      We both nod. Another pair of footsteps begin approaching and I'm taken by surprise when Draco decides to join us. I would make some sarcastic comment about him locking himself away for the past couple of days but he doesn't seem in the mood for it.

                           "What's that?"

      Aary takes the note from me and hands it to Mal. She quickly unfolds it and reads the few words carefully, like she's trying to find something more.

                    "That's all he said?"

         Draco rips the parchment from her. "All who said?"

     None of us have to answer him because he reads it as well. The worry that Aary and I have in our gut hits Mal and Draco at the same time.

                 "Does this mean your family is safe?" Aary asks Draco.

      He ignores her question and immediately leaves the room. Mal closes her eyes and rests her head on the door frame, exhausted.

             "We're probably going to have to leave pretty soon," She explains. "Do you want me to bring food up before I start getting dressed?"

          "No, it's alright." I tell her. "I'll make breakfast in a little while."

      She nods, gives us a small smile, then leaves. Once the door to their room shuts, the house gets quiet. I stare down at the dried up blood around Aary's thumbs as she picks at them nervously.

                  "Do you want me to make you pancakes again?"

    Her eyes meet up with mine and although there are tears filling them, she smiles. I use my shirt sleeve to wipe her cheek then hop up from the bed and hold my hand out to her. She stretches her arms dramatically, then lets me help her up.