37.

Blaise's POV

             "Why can't you just fix the cabinet instead?" Aary whines.

       Draco shoots her a glare. "How about you try and fix it, yeah?"

      She huffs and starts stomping more aggressively in the snow. I can't help but laugh at her small shoe tracks in front of me.

                      "And why did you pick Madam Rosmerta?" Aary asks.

      Draco stops in the middle of the trail, causing Malory to crash into him. He spins around to face Aary and I, and the look on his face is not pleasant.

                        "Ask another question, I fucking dare you." He growls.

       I give Aary a glance, letting her know it's time to keep quiet, but I know she's not going to listen. As much as I adore her, she likes getting under Draco's skin a little too much.

                     "Are you paying for the Butterbeer?" She asks under her breath.

       Malory laughs out loud and I see Draco's knuckles turn white. Luckily he has enough self control to just turn around and continue walking towards The Three Broomsticks.

     We've all gone over the plan a dozen times so you'd think it would go smoothly, but of course it doesn't. And the first sign of that is when I see Harry, Ron, and Hermione at a table in the back.

                 "What the fuck are they doing here?" Malory mumbles quietly.

         I see panic rush through Draco's body but he tries to play it cool.

                    "It's fine, you two can find a way to distract them."

     That is one of the main reasons we're here, a distraction. I'm just not quite sure how easy it'll be trying to take Harry's focus away from Draco, considering he's been extremely interested in him lately.

                              "Go, sit there."

      Aary and I nod and head in the direction of the table right beside Harry, Ron, and Hermione. I watch Malory create small talk with Madam Rosmerta, then the two of them disappear into a back room with Draco.

                     "Should I like, act?" Aary whispers.

           I raise my eyebrow. "Act?"

          "You know, create a scene in case Harry gets suspicious."

          I chuckle and say, "Go for it."

      She smiles confidently as we take a seat at our table. I order two Butterbeers with the money Draco gave me, then keep an eye on the trio.

                      "Ah, Mr. Zabini!"

        I turn in my chair and look up to see Professor Slughorn smiling down at me. The beer in his hand is full but it's clear that it's not his first.

              "Hello, sir." I say politely. "I didn't know you like The Three Broomsticks."

        "Oh The Three Broomsticks and I go far back, I remember when it was a single broomstick!"

      I exchange awkward glances with Aary and in the process notice some other people's eyes on us. Harry is listening to every word.

         "Now I wanted to ask you about joining my Slug Club," Professor Slughorn explains. "Occasional dinners, a Christmas party in December..."