That one.

"Can't repeat the past?" he cried incredulously. "Why of course you can!"

     I hate to break it to you, Gatsby, but you can't. Trust me, I've been trying. You just can't. I reach the end of the page and close the book slowly. The rain tapping the nearest window grabs my attention, causing me to lose myself in the quiet streets of Cokeworth. I hardly see anyone anymore, especially here. I think the last time I went somewhere other than work was to babysit for Aary and Blaise. I wish they'd ask me to do so more often.

    While staring at the outside world I feel myself starting to doze off. And I know I end up doing so for a moment because when I hear a knock at the door, my body jumps five feet high. I blink multiple times to try and regain consciousness. By then the mystery person is knocking a second time. I guess it wasn't just in my head after all. I quickly rub my eyes and rush over to the door. Once I swing it open, I'm left speechless.

                 Potter.

     My eyes grow big as he stares directly back at me with a small smile. Water drips from his hair onto his glasses, making it hard for him to see clearly. While letting out a shaky sigh he removes them from his face to clean them with his jumper.

                     "I-I know you were not expecting me, I'm sorry for not sending an owl."

       Still with wide eyes, I stay silent. My grip on the door knob grows stronger but not because I'm angry or upset. Honestly, I don't really know how I'm feeling. Although him and I never got along growing up, I don't have an issue with him. We all grew up and things changed.

               I can tell my lack of a response makes him nervous because once again, he continues to talk.

          "I won't be long, the kids are on holiday break and Ginny is making dinner but I needed to stop by-"

                                "Is there uh," I rub the back of my head awkwardly. "Is there a specific reason why you're here?"

         He seems surprised that I'm being kind but doesn't hesitate to nod his head. "Well, yes. I wanted to give you something, actually..."

           My eyebrows scrunch and a small scoff escapes my lips. He laughs along, somewhat easing the tension. But not even a second later, his facial expression goes blank. I wait patiently for him to explain, but instead he holds out his hand. Just as I'm about to laugh for a second time, he reveals the stone in the center of his palm. Instantly, my body begins to feel numb.

                                "I'm really sorry it took so long," He says quietly. "Trying to fix one of the deathly hallows is just as difficult as it sounds."

          The strength in my grip fades, making my arm fall to my side. My legs feel as if they are going to collapse underneath me but somehow I keep myself up. I know his eyes are on me and as badly as I want to say something, I can't take my focus off of the stone.

                                                "I did fix it, though." He adds on.

        When I don't say anything back, he gently opens up my hand and lays the stone in the middle. My fingertips close around it tightly, almost like I'm scare it's somehow going to vanish into thin air.

                           Harry looks down at his watch and sighs. "I must get going, Ginny will have a fit if I'm late."

          I look up slowly, and once again see the small smile from before. For a split second, I swear I see the younger version of him standing in Diagon Alley first year. The image fades when he nods his head and hurries down the stairs. I stand in the doorway of my home, still hearing the rainfall in the background. It takes everything in me to force myself back inside.

     The door clicks shut with the pressure from my body leaning against it. Still shaking, I open my hand and look at the tiny object. I've read countless books on it, hoping one day I would somehow stumble upon it and feel hopeful again. And now, I'm holding it.

                Turn it, Draco. Just like the book said.

      I close my eyes and carefully spin the stone with my pointer finger. Even though I'm aware you must turn it three times in order for it to work, after the first spin I already start feeling defeated. The same thing happens after the second turn. This isn't going to work, it can't. Don't get your hopes up, Draco. Don't get your hopes...

           I flip it a third time. I don't hear any noise, and nothing seems to change. My home is still the same as always. That is, until I open my eyes.

        Like an angel sent from above, she's there; standing with her body facing the window where I sat not long ago. I blink over and over, trying to see if she's really there or if my mind is playing tricks like always. She never fades, though. And when I start to move closer, she turns her head. For the first time in years, I see her entire face. It's exactly how I remember it, but for some reason I'm still starstruck. The girl I had eyes on all seven years at Hogwarts, my one true lover. She's here, she's home.

       I stop, only inches away from her face. A teardrop trickles down her left cheek when I can't help but stare. She bites down on her lip, holding back a smile. I want to wipe the tears in her eyes but she does it on her own before looking back out the window. Her sniffles echo through the room.

        When I fail to join her in gazing, she lifts her hand up to my chin. She can't actually touch me but I still feel the coolness of her fingertips. I turn my head, like she wants. With our faces almost touching she points to a small star directly beside the big one I used to always talk about.

                                             "That one." She whispers.